HELP w/rooting HTC Desire w/bootloader v.0.98

Guest Jimbobsky

Guest Jimbobsky

Hello,

I just purchased a brand new HTC Desire on CDMA network, I have never rooted a phone before but have read multiple sites on how to & want to root mine now (mainly for the ability to store apps onto my mem card), which I was going to do via the www.unlockr.com post & using the "unrevoked" process, however the newest link I found only reffered to instructions using Bootloader v. 0.83 or below, & mine is currently at Bootloader v.0.98 with Android firmware 2.1. Sooo my question is does that ultimately matter? & if so, is there a way I can still root mine w/the version I have? I need some correct/confirmed answers from people who have sucessfully been able to under my situation or is more knowledgable in this field to give me more details Please, I would greatly appreciate it - Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest firstclassoutdoors
Hello,

I just purchased a brand new HTC Desire on CDMA network, I have never rooted a phone before but have read multiple sites on how to & want to root mine now (mainly for the ability to store apps onto my mem card), which I was going to do via the www.unlockr.com post & using the "unrevoked" process, however the newest link I found only reffered to instructions using Bootloader v. 0.83 or below, & mine is currently at Bootloader v.0.98 with Android firmware 2.1. Sooo my question is does that ultimately matter? & if so, is there a way I can still root mine w/the version I have? I need some correct/confirmed answers from people who have sucessfully been able to under my situation or is more knowledgable in this field to give me more details Please, I would greatly appreciate it - Thanks!

I am in same position. I am sick of the messages saying my phone is dangerously low on memory

• 8 months later...