BIG PROBLEM, please help

Guest Korhan70

Guest Korhan70

Hi,

Can you please help me!!!!

I have a problem with step 4 in the ''How to update your Pulse - step by step with pictures'' Topic

I have maked this topic, because i think i will faster get an response than with the other topic.

Step 4: Remove and reinsert the battery, press "red-key" and "menu" when turning on the phone

When i remove and reinsert the battery my pulse doesn't shut down, cause the usb.

When i unplug the usb and when i press "red-key" and "menu", it goes on with starting the phone

and i don't get acces to the Android system recovery. Now when the phone starts i see the

T-mobile logo , than Android logo, than again t-mobile logo with the loading image and than

my phone shuts down automatically. I can't open my pulse now and can't updgrade

Please help me!!!!!

Hi,

Can you please help me!!!!

I have a problem with step 4 in the ''How to update your Pulse - step by step with pictures'' Topic

I have maked this topic, because i think i will faster get an response than with the other topic.

Step 4: Remove and reinsert the battery, press "red-key" and "menu" when turning on the phone

When i remove and reinsert the battery my pulse doesn't shut down, cause the usb.

When i unplug the usb and when i press "red-key" and "menu", it goes on with starting the phone

and i don't get acces to the Android system recovery. Now when the phone starts i see the

T-mobile logo , than Android logo, than again t-mobile logo with the loading image and than

my phone shuts down automatically. I can't open my pulse now and can't updgrade

Please help me!!!!!

As you remove the battery your phone will turn off. Press the "Red Key" and the "Menu Key" together, while your battery is out, then push your battery back in while holding the buttons still.

It will go to the System Recovery, Make sure you have your USB out.

Guest Korhan70
As you remove the battery your phone will turn off. Press the "Red Key" and the "Menu Key" together, while your battery is out, then push your battery back in while holding the buttons still.

It will go to the System Recovery, Make sure you have your USB out.

I did exactly what you have said, but still it doesn't open the System recovery. It goes on with ''opening'' the phone.

When i push the battery back, the pulse doesn't start

Is there another way to do it?

Edited by Korhan70

I did exactly what you have sais, but still it doesn't open the System recovery. It goes on with ''opening'' the phone.

Is there another way to do it?

Can i just ask, What are you planning to do?

Update your phone to 2.1?

Installing the Official 2.1 Update

Please note that this portion of the Guide is only for those using a T-Mobile Pulse (U8220). This will NOT work for those using a U8320 or a U8220-6. Please check the label located under the battery to determine your version

Difficulty Level

1/5 (very easy)

Known Bugs

The phone is prone to freezes when using apps that use both Data and CPU in bursts. Fixed

Such as: Facebook, Market, Browser

Text messages aren't sending / receiving properly Not Fixed

The phone may have a ringing delay when receiving an incoming call

What you will need:

A Pulse

A Micro SD Card (Recommended to have at least 1gb free space)

A Micro USB Cable or An Micro SD Card Reader

A Word of Caution

Please note that installing this update will wipe everything off your phone. (Contacts, messages, apps etc.) Please ensure that you back them up if required. Your SD card will not be wiped before, during or after the update process.

Also please refer to the previous warning:

The Available internal phone memory will be reduced to 50mb (Down from 80+mb)

You will be able to install less apps

The Guide

Step 1: Prepare your phone, backup anything you need to the SD card or computer. Note that everything will be wiped off your phones internal memory.

Step 2: Download the Official 2.1 update file from here:

2.1 Update.zip

Step 3: Extract the contents of the ZIP file to any location on your computer. Place the entire "dload" folder onto the Root of your SD card

By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders

Step 4: Power off your Device. When the phone has fully powered off press and hold the following buttons: POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP

You may release these buttons when the message "Preparing Update" appears on your screen

Step 5: Confirm that you wish to update and allow the device to run it's course. The phone may get stuck on "Restarting" if so wait a few minutes then remove and re-insert the battery

If your phone "Fails to Update" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

Step 6: Allow your phone 5+ minutes to boot up for the first time. You may experience some lag / force closes and some other errors. This is normal at this stage.

If your phone Fails to boot or gets stuck in a "Boot Loop" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

This post has been edited by Azurren: Aug 17 2010, 11:37

Guest Korhan70
Step 3: Extract the contents of the ZIP file to any location on your computer. Place the entire "dload" folder onto the Root of your SD card

By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders

That's my problem. I can't open my phone, so i can't put anything on my sd card

Guest caybardak
yes

You are disconnecting the usb cable to shut down the phone, and when you turn it on without connecting the cable, it gets into a boot loop? Am i getting things right?

Edited by caybardak

Guest Korhan70

I've sended the phone to T-mobile for software problems.

In 2 weeks, i have my new phone.

Thank you for your support.

For now this topic can be closed.