Which 6.5 or 6.5.X ROM has no bugs?

Guest Marc'o Polo

Guest Marc'o Polo

I'm using factory B7610 ROM but it sucks. :) I was browsing this forum for whole 2 weeks and everybody's reporting bugs and stuff. Guys, please enlighten me! Which 6.5 or 6.5.X ROM has no bugs, works silky smooth? :)

Guest Thunder141

Which factory version do you have and what are the bugs that YOU have?

I'm using factory B7610 ROM but it sucks. :) I was browsing this forum for whole 2 weeks and everybody's reporting bugs and stuff. Guys, please enlighten me! Which 6.5 or 6.5.X ROM has no bugs, works silky smooth? :)

Guest Marc'o Polo

I've got B7610NXXJC2. It's too slow - only 35MB free RAM memory although I install all software only on SDHC 16GB external memory, camera flash has a fixed energy while shooting with flash and deleting of single sms messages lasts eternity :P I was wondering if I could flash my phone with some new modified ROM but I'm still confused which one shall I choose. Any ideas?

Guest sener.balci

Basically, or theoratically, WM6.5 should be less buggy than WM6.5.x.

1) because it has official ROM provided by Samsung (is this a good reason??? :P )

2) at windows level also, they are newer and not yet completely mature.

But WM6.5.x looks sometimes more promising :D so only experience can help.

Guest Daemon_necis

i think this is a thing of your interest.... i mean what do you want to do with the new rom...

basicly custom roms are made to suit the coockers interests and wishes... so you have to find the rom, that suits yours the most :-)

here you can find a lot of roms (and other usefull tools)

klick here

and here

i hope you find the right rom for you.

I hate being sarcastic but windows=bugs(hopefully windows phone7 will have very few or none). Some roms might have more or less and it can depend on who's the chef but I have found that custom 6.5X roms works best but I'm using a omnia i900 and 6.5 was never officially released for it. If you like your phone to be quick then download a rom thats lite and only install the apps you need.

Heres some info that ive put together from little bits and pieces to try and help people understand and choose which path to take regarding build numbers. http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ches-explained/

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Guest sener.balci

As mentionned, most of 6.5.x are unofficial release, this can be the reason why sometimes it is very nice, but sometimes strange issues occurs.

As on our B7610, only WM6.5 has been released, theoratically, it might be the most functionnal.

But again, only testing them and reporting (experience) can correctly guide people in their choice.

• 1 month later...
Guest sakisds

Nice to hear you are enjoying your phone. And by the way, I suggest you try 6.1 at some time. Less eyecandy but its really fast(even on Low power/performance mode).

• 2 weeks later...