Problems syncing the B7610 with Office 2007 on W7

Guest manarak

Guest manarak

I have a laptop with W7 starter edition and MS Office Outlook 2007 installed, as well as Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

I cannot sync my B7610 with Outlook.

Since I get this error with a B7610, and not my older QTEK, I suppose the problem must be related somehow to the B7610 or the newer software it uses.

When I connect the phone, an error pops up "Sync. cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your ... bla bla bla"

I did some research on this on the internet, but none of the solutions worked for me.

I renamed the mapi32.dll , but it doesn't get replaced by another?

then I also tried using an older mapi32.dll from a vista laptop, but without achieving anything.

I also tried "fixmapi.exe" which is included in the system32 folder. it just recreates an identical mapi32.dll file...

can someone point me to the solution please?

Guest Kiwi Dave
I have a laptop with W7 starter edition and MS Office Outlook 2007 installed, as well as Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

I cannot sync my B7610 with Outlook.

Since I get this error with a B7610, and not my older QTEK, I suppose the problem must be related somehow to the B7610 or the newer software it uses.

When I connect the phone, an error pops up "Sync. cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your ... bla bla bla"

I did some research on this on the internet, but none of the solutions worked for me.

I renamed the mapi32.dll , but it doesn't get replaced by another?

then I also tried using an older mapi32.dll from a vista laptop, but without achieving anything.

I also tried "fixmapi.exe" which is included in the system32 folder. it just recreates an identical mapi32.dll file...

can someone point me to the solution please?

Is your outlook using an exchange server?

if so you may need to add the certificate (for your excahnge) to the phone. your admin should be able to let you know where to get this from

Guest manarak
Is your outlook using an exchange server?

if so you may need to add the certificate (for your excahnge) to the phone. your admin should be able to let you know where to get this from

No exchange server.

the error code is the dreaded 0x85010014 for which the whole internet seems to have no definite solution for.

Edited by manarak

Guest manarak

ok, after 4 days of cumulated work and research on the subject, I nailed that one.

There is a permissions error somewhere in WMDC/ActiveSync/Outlook/Windows 7

I assigned full control to everybody on the local/outlook folder containing user's .pst profiles

it now syncs flawlessly.

Guest manarak

also, if your outlook 2007 behaves strangely after that, like not sending emails, not wanting to create new email accounts, etc....

go to the location of outlook.exe in programs/.../office12 and richt click on it, and make sure no compatibility modes are activated.

Somehow mine had windows xp sp3 compatibility activated.

after I removed that, outlook works normal again.