[REQ FOR HELP] How to port a ROM to the Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid
My head hurts... How hard is to make a porting???? Wow...

It is a mess when you do it for the first time! The very difficult part of the work is already done. For the future porting will be easier...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Yeah! Don't worry I have all my files already done. Once I have a booting ROM and some time I will release a porting-kit :P

Edit: flashing. Thanks Vache. I tried a ton of boot.img, but not yours :D

Edit 2: FAIL. Again. Stored /framework in system and app in data. Using Vache's boot.img.

Same error in logcat:

D/AndroidRuntime( 177): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

D/AndroidRuntime( 177): CheckJNI is OFF

D/dalvikvm( 177): creating instr width table

D/AndroidRuntime( 177): --- registering native functions ---

E/JNIHelp ( 177): Native registration unable to find class 'android/hardware/fmradio/FmReceiverJNI'

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

My head hurts... How hard is to make a porting???? Wow...

Hehe, now you understand why nobody had answer to your post ? :P

Yeah! Don't worry I have all my files already done. Once I have a booting ROM and some time I will release a porting-kit :D

Edit: flashing. Thanks Vache. I tried a ton of boot.img, but not yours :D

Edit 2: FAIL. Again. Stored /framework in system and app in data. Using Vache's boot.img.

Same error in logcat:

D/AndroidRuntime( 177): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

D/AndroidRuntime( 177): CheckJNI is OFF

D/dalvikvm( 177): creating instr width table

D/AndroidRuntime( 177): --- registering native functions ---

E/JNIHelp ( 177): Native registration unable to find class 'android/hardware/fmradio/FmReceiverJNI'

Maybe you replaced a file that you souldn't.

What you need in system/lib is libaudio, libms3c, libsensor_yamaha in a first time.

All lib adreno in the system/lib/egl (and .cfg) and keeping the original libGLES_android.

vold.conf/.fstab from an Acer rom in /system/etc. (you don't need both, depending if it's an eclair or froyo ROM)

The 3 *_yamaha binaries in System/bin.

Change the build.prop :

ro.board.platform=qsd8k

ro.product.board=salsa

add : ro.hw_version=1 (for sensors)

Copy the whole system/etc/wifi folder

Copy yamato_pfp and yamato_pm4 is they aren't exist in system/etc/firmware

Copy the Liquid buttons/keypad files to system/usr/keychars and keylayout

Take them from MIUI port or from phhroyo. With that, you should be ok for a 1st boot.

Edited by vache

Guest Andrea1Liquid

OMG! Booted!!! But in the android bootanimation there are serious graphical glitches! Right now is blocked at a green screen with the android at the bottom. Nothing more. I'm waiting...:P

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest akira.pwr

I never though it's easy, but I couldn't think it's so hard... Anyway I'm too courious to not to ask to try all porting if they are interesting. It's my weakness... :P

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Ahahah! Now I am stuck at the bootanim. It's a step forward...logcat: help me :P

Edit: Ok. Android is running, but graphics not. It suddently blocks at the bootanimation because of graphic driver failing to map memory. Mmmmh...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Dario93
Hehe, now you understand why nobody had answer to your post ? :P

Maybe you replaced a file that you souldn't.

What you need in system/lib is libaudio, libms3c, libsensor_yamaha in a first time.

All lib adreno in the system/lib/egl (and .cfg) and keeping the original libGLES_android.

vold.conf/.fstab from an Acer rom in /system/etc. (you don't need both, depending if it's an eclair or froyo ROM)

The 3 *_yamaha binaries in System/bin.

Change the build.prop :

ro.board.platform=qsd8k

ro.product.board=salsa

add : ro.hw_version=1 (for sensors)

Copy the whole system/etc/wifi folder

Copy yamato_pfp and yamato_pm4 is they aren't exist in system/etc/firmware

Copy the Liquid buttons/keypad files to system/usr/keychars and keylayout

Take them from MIUI port or from phhroyo. With that, you should be ok for a 1st boot.

Thank you very much! I was just getting crazy without this help! :D

Edited by Dario93

Guest koudelka
Ahahah! Now I am stuck at the bootanim. It's a step forward...logcat: help me :P

Edit: Ok. Android is running, but graphics not. It suddently blocks at the bootanimation because of graphic driver failing to map memory. Mmmmh...

Have you replaced gralloc and copybit in /system/lib/hw/ ?

also to answer

@ koudelka: Maybe I didn't understand what you meant with "chroot /cache". Can you explain? Btw, I'm redoing the port basing on your CM. Crossfingers :D

I mean copy the cache folder from some other rom, like miui or phhroyo and include it in your rom (make sure your update-scipt copies it to the phone). The cache has chroot enviorment there is script in phh ramdisk that sets it up for you, so you dont need to do anything more then add that folder.

Edited by koudelka

Guest Andrea1Liquid
No.. it reboots at the end of bootanim... >.<"

Mmmh...do you get graphical glitches during the bootanimation? I get flickering and green screen, after that the liquid freezes. From the log I understand it can't find the bootanimation (the one from djdroid) and it freezes because of a series of bad memory mapping by Adreno 200 driver. I sent to koud my logcat... me --> :D :P

Btw, what ROM are you porting? I'm porting DJDroid 1.6 :D

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Dario93
Mmmh...do you get graphical glitches during the bootanimation? I get flickering and green screen, after that the liquid freezes. From the log I understand it can't find the bootanimation (the one from djdroid) and it freezes because of a series of bad memory mapping by Adreno 200 driver. I sent to koud my logcat... me --> :D :P

Btw, what ROM are you porting? I'm porting DJDroid 1.6 :D

No glitches.. When "Htc-quietly brilliant" animation ends,the phone vibrates rebooting itself.

I'm trying to port HTC Desire ROM,but now,i'll go to sleep. I'm very sick,if i have time,i'll try to finish tomorrow. Bye!

Edited by Dario93

Guest koudelka
Mmmh...do you get graphical glitches during the bootanimation? I get flickering and green screen, after that the liquid freezes. From the log I understand it can't find the bootanimation (the one from djdroid) and it freezes because of a series of bad memory mapping by Adreno 200 driver. I sent to koud my logcat me --> :D :P

the logcat is not complete (since you say it is bootloop it should go from >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<< to >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<< again, hence the loop)

did you try replacing gralloc and copy bit as i mentioned? if that does not help, you could try with replacing /system/lib/egl if you havent done that already. What rom are you porting? (edit, ops nvm it was answered just above)

Edited by koudelka

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Strange. Rom doesn't find the right bootanim and tries to use to "stock" android one with glitches and freezing at the end of the bootanim (or near the end) as the GPU fails...

Edit: Yeah!!! I get DJDroid bootanim, but it's all glitchy and green and the phone freezes anyway...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid
the logcat is not complete (since you say it is bootloop it should go from >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<< to >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<< again, hence the loop)

did you try replacing gralloc and copy bit as i mentioned? if that does not help, you could try with replacing /system/lib/egl if you havent done that already. What rom are you porting? (edit, ops nvm it was answered just above)

Ok, I'm packing. I replaced copybit.qsd8k.so, gralloc.default.so and gralloc.qsd8k.so. Let's see :P

Edit: Flashing..., booting...

Edit2: Yeah! Now I have right colours in the bootanimation!!! But stuck at the end of the animation...:P

Edit 3: I was wrong!!!!! I booted!!! I have the lock screen! I had to wait because the animation was too short!!!

Edit4: thanks koud and Vache. I'm now doing the welcome procedure... the first boot is incredibly sloooow...

This ROM doesn't have the annoying APN crashing problem, but also no wifi. :D

Edit 5: fully operating! Testing...

118 mb of free space in /data: very good! Yeah! My first port!!!

OK, goodnight to every one. Today will be a happy day :D

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest koudelka
Ok, I'm packing. I replaced copybit.qsd8k.so, gralloc.default.so and gralloc.qsd8k.so. Let's see :P

Edit: Flashing..., booting...

Edit2: Yeah! Now I have right colours in the bootanimation!!! But stuck at the end of the animation...:lol:

Edit 3: I was wrong!!!!! I booted!!! I have the lock screen! I had to wait because the animation was too short!!!

Edit4: thanks koud and Vache. I'm now doing the welcome procedure... the first boot is incredibly sloooow...

This ROM doesn't have the annoying APN crashing problem, but also no wifi. :D

Edit 5: fully operating! Testing...

118 mb of free space in /data: very good! Yeah! My first port!!!

OK, goodnight to every one. Today will be a happy day :D

no problem :P wifi shouldnt be too hard to fix I think :D

btw, have you tried asking for help from LS team? since they are also Italian

Edited by koudelka

Guys, it was a JOKE between two italians. I also included jokes that only an italian can understand that are not insults for example: "Devs di tutta Italia, unitevi!" that means "Devs of all Italy, let's group!" that's a modified version of a phrase of

ah ok, we got it "IT'S JUST A JEARSY THING"

Life-time ban for Andrea1Liquid!!!!

Guest Andrea1Liquid
That's a nice job!

Will you share your release? :P

I really want to see how this rom works on our liquid !

Mmmh...I'm not sure you will take on your Liquid for over a minute. :P But, I don't know why, I can't de-flash this buuuuuggy ROM from my Liquid :D <3 The list of working hw is shorter than non working so that's what works:

Radio (no data)

Touchscreen (:lol:)

Reboot

Bugs:

Bootanimation too short...it seems it's hanging. Fortunately, I was logging with logcat and I understood it was booting. Yup :D

Hangs on shutdown, stays for over a minute but it doesn't shut down! Strange, if you think reboot is fast and flawlessy.

Yes, that's the working hardware! Imagine: it doesn't even recognize my fat32 only formatted SD! So this is a pre-alpha ROM, if you tried Vache's one maybe you'll find my ROM more Cyano-style (for example it has normal reboot, to recovery, bootloader etc and they work!!), but hw side other ROMs are clearly more enveloped. Don't worry: I'll continue inform you with this thread and to develop this beast ( :D )...

EDIT: after a restart it recognize my SD. Now I'm going to flash an updated version that should fix at least the data.

Edit 2: Gsensors don't work, neither usb mass storage mode.

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid
no problem :D wifi shouldnt be too hard to fix I think :D

btw, have you tried asking for help from LS team? since they are also Italian

Will do it...I don't know if I've to trust since they did some sort of "stealing" from Vache's work for their ROM. I will have to close my ROM in a safe :P

@LS: Joking...:P

Guest koudelka
Yes, that's the working hardware! Imagine: it doesn't even recognize my fat32 only formatted SD!.

Have you replaced /system/bin/vold with one from MIUI or another rom?, if not try that

Edited by koudelka

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Have you replaced /system/bin/vold with one from MIUI or another rom?, if not try that

Yes, I replaced the files. In fact, after a reboot the SD got recognized, now I'm trying to fix wifi and data (at least data!).

Edit: Booted. Testing...Btw, logcat gives me a ton of error about the usb port (probably about the mass storage function as it charges from the usb port.

E/Tethering( 122): active iface (usb0) reported as added, ignoring

E/BatteryService( 122): /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_cable_connect (No such file or directory)

E/BatteryService( 122): read property /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_cable_connect failed

E/BatteryService( 122): /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_cable_connect (No such file or directory)

E/BatteryService( 122): read property /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_cable_connect failed

E/Tethering( 122): active iface (usb0) reported as added, ignoring

(it continues repeating)

Data doesn't seem to be fixed :P

Edited by Andrea1Liquid