Irritating feature of Android 2.1

Guest bushfire

Guest bushfire

I have setup pattern lock.

When I unlock and make a call, the phone immediately goes into the lock mode (not the pattern lock but another lock where you have to slide the lock button to unlock)..

This is irritating when you have to key in a password or other phone banking sort of calls. As if that is not enough, once you tap something, there is another lock icon that comes up to say 'tap twice to unlock'...which happens instantaneously. Either that or you have to go back and slide the other lock button all over again, in the midst of the call...

Any way to turn these highly irritating and useless features off? I tried various menus but could not find it.

Is this a LG 'innovation' or a standard feature of Android?

I have setup pattern lock.

When I unlock and make a call, the phone immediately goes into the lock mode (not the pattern lock but another lock where you have to slide the lock button to unlock)..

This is irritating when you have to key in a password or other phone banking sort of calls. As if that is not enough, once you tap something, there is another lock icon that comes up to say 'tap twice to unlock'...which happens instantaneously. Either that or you have to go back and slide the other lock button all over again, in the midst of the call...

Any way to turn these highly irritating and useless features off? I tried various menus but could not find it.

Is this a LG 'innovation' or a standard feature of Android?

Actually it is a feature of phones that do not have a proximity sensor.

as if this was not the case, each time u would put the phoen in your ear

it would mute, end calls, or press numbers.

that is the only thing that bothers me about this phone.

Guest bushfire

True...other than this feature and all those russian apps that I can't remove, plus some minor irritants, the phone with 2.1 Baltic ROM is quite good....that too for what we pay

Guest Carbonize
True...other than this feature and all those russian apps that I can't remove,

Root your phone then use something like Root Explorer or Super Manager to delete the apk files from the system.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
True...other than this feature and all those russian apps that I can't remove, plus some minor irritants, the phone with 2.1 Baltic ROM is quite good....that too for what we pay

The Baltic Rom has no Russian apps on it..Seems like you flashed either the custom(read: crap) Russian rom, or the plain Russian rom.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest bushfire
The Baltic Rom has no Russian apps on it..Seems like you flashed either the custom(read: crap) Russian rom, or the plain Russian rom.

Really? It was the same V20B_00.KDZ that I found the link in this forum...it has quite a few Russian apps..I think others also mentioned about this..I dare not reflash because it may end up bricking the phone, just to remove these apps.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Really? It was the same V20B_00.KDZ that I found the link in this forum...it has quite a few Russian apps..I think others also mentioned about this..I dare not reflash because it may end up bricking the phone, just to remove these apps.

Theres NO russian apps in the Baltic one, it's pretty much a clean slate.

The Russian and the modded Russian, contain a lot of crap apps on them.

Guest bushfire

How to tell what ROM I have? My firmware says 2.1-update 1, kernel version says 2.6.29 lg.electronics@LGERP-BLD-LNX #1 and software version says GT540-V20b SEP 13 2010

Guest RottenFoxBreath
How to tell what ROM I have? My firmware says 2.1-update 1, kernel version says 2.6.29 lg.electronics@LGERP-BLD-LNX #1 and software version says GT540-V20b SEP 13 2010

The one I used is here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1418989

no russian apps or crap added to that.

If you installed one of the Russian or the "black" rom, then yeah, crap and apps ahoy!...

Guest RottenFoxBreath
and which apps are installed on the baltic ROM?

(and german is not supported in baltic if i remember correctly?)

Apart from the bog standard ones...none, really.