Are there two December Updates?

Guest Pretendo

Guest Pretendo

I had my Pulse running well enough on one of Paul's mods, and got a bit of a hankering to get 2.1.

I read in the tutorials that the December Update seemed to be the best starting point, but since installing that, I have had no luck upgrading to the 'official' albeit redacted 2.1 update.

All I get is Update Failed If I try the UK/Tre/Hungarian updates, and I can't install SuperBoot - It just 'waiting for device's endlessly. (on Ubuntu, if that has any bearing) And I am using the scripts for the December updated phones.

I have gone from having a usable rooted Donut phone to the horrible cupcake nightmare it started as.

It feels like the 'new' December update (which I assume is different these days, as it now allows downgrading) also prevents upgrading. That or my phone is screwed.

Any help would be massively appreciated - I am chewing my face off here.

Guest Sh4d0w940
I had my Pulse running well enough on one of Paul's mods, and got a bit of a hankering to get 2.1.

I read in the tutorials that the December Update seemed to be the best starting point, but since installing that, I have had no luck upgrading to the 'official' albeit redacted 2.1 update.

All I get is Update Failed If I try the UK/Tre/Hungarian updates, and I can't install SuperBoot - It just 'waiting for device's endlessly. (on Ubuntu, if that has any bearing) And I am using the scripts for the December updated phones.

I have gone from having a usable rooted Donut phone to the horrible cupcake nightmare it started as.

It feels like the 'new' December update (which I assume is different these days, as it now allows downgrading) also prevents upgrading. That or my phone is screwed.

Any help would be massively appreciated - I am chewing my face off here.

You need the 'TimeMachine' which you can find on the forum.

And 2.1 is Eclair btw.

Sh4d0w940