Liquid E sim-locked even with LCR-F after reflash; no longer prompts for code

Guest ezuk

Hi everyone,

I got a Rogers Liquid E, and reflashed it with FroYo and LCR-F. I then used it with a Fido SIM in Canada and it worked just fine.

I then went to the UK for a trip, and put in a T-mobile SIM. It asked for a PIN code. I put in the correct PIN code, but it wouldn't work. The T-mo instructions said that after a number of attempts it would ask for a PUK. I kept retrying and eventually the phone locked, saying:

You have entered the wrong SIM network unlock PIN 10 times. The network is locked. Please contact the service center.

I went back to Canada and put in the Fido SIM that worked before. Now it didn't work either, showing the same error.

I re-flashed the phone with the original Acer BIN (Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_f0b006c4dce996774c5ba6a17fcbf9c7.bin) but it still shows the same error with the Fido SIM. I then restored a nandroid backup with LCR-F, but the error persisted.

I can get the IMEI code easily (*#6#) but I can't do anything with it -- even if I pay an unlock service, the phone doesn't ask for an unlock code now.

I am now totally stuck with a WiFi only phone.

I am not a Rogers customer and cannot call their service to resolve this.

Can anyone please help me figure out what's wrong? I've searched all over the forum already. Thank you in advance.

Edited by ezuk

Update: I spoke to Rogers tech support and they have no idea what to do.

The question is, once more:

How do I get an Android device to re-display the unlock code prompt after I tried and failed ten times?

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks Piter, I already found these instructions and tried them before. They did not help me.

Any other ideas? The phone won't even ask for an unlock code now.

Have you solved this problem? Now my liquid is the same as yours. What can I do to save it?

Have you solved this problem? Now my liquid is the same as yours. What can I do to save it?

There's no way to disable the simlock. I made a warning post about this Canadian update....

Append to me with my first Liquid month ago when playing with a 2.1 Rogers dump.

Since your IMEI is not related to Rogers, they can't provide an unlock code.

Acer may have a solution...

There's no way to disable the simlock. I made a warning post about this Canadian update....

Append to me with my first Liquid month ago when playing with a 2.1 Rogers dump.

I've had to return my device since. There was no solution. I returned it to the seller, and they didn't want to take it back. Ebay decided in my favor (after a long time, and a lot of effort) and finally refunded me. Be very careful with buying locked Acer Liquid E devices.

Thanks you two anyway.

I have to contact acer's servce center to solve it B)

Thanks you two anyway.

I have to contact acer's servce center to solve it B)

Good luck Yuking. Please don't forget to update the forum with what happened. When it happened to me, it was almost impossible to find any info on it online.

Good luck Yuking. Please don't forget to update the forum with what happened. When it happened to me, it was almost impossible to find any info on it online.

OK。

I bought it from network, and there is no acer's local smart phone service center nearby. I have emailed to acer service center, hope they will reply me soon.

Guest langfen
OK。

I bought it from network, and there is no acer's local smart phone service center nearby. I have emailed to acer service center, hope they will reply me soon.

Hi, have you get the reply from Acer?

what did they say?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i have the same problem, but when i flashed it with MIUI Custom rom, it show me Input Network simlock PIN, when i tried input unlock code many times but phone still show Unsuccessfull....plz anyone help me....