Applanet

Guest new123

Hi all.

I saw that someone else had mentioned about an update for "lg home" showing up in ADVERTISING SPAM.

Decided i would investigate what ADVERTISING SPAM actually is and see waht this update is.

I can confirm that yes it does say there is in update for lg home, it downloads it, but the install fails. So not quite sure exactly what it is....

Hadent really heard of ADVERTISING SPAM before reading the post son here, so after having installed it and playing about with it im ust wondering what peoples experiences are with it or waht they know about it.

It seems to be described as a "market alternative", which claim it can give you all the paid apps for free...

Is this actualyl true, or is there more to this than meets the yeye, ie some form or viruses/spyware etc? or are all apps that u download through it, even the paid ones all the genuine apps?

Im not condoning software piracy either or suggesting that people all start using this app. Im just wondering exactly what its all about and what people may know about it/whwat it actually does? or what risksa re involved? or how true the "free" paid apps thing is all about.

just seems a little odd to me or suspicious?

Edited by new123

Guest ASY9650
Hi all.

I saw that someone else had mentioned about an update for "lg home" showing up in ADVERTISING SPAM.

Decided i would investigate what ADVERTISING SPAM actually is and see waht this update is.

I can confirm that yes it does say there is in update for lg home, it downloads it, but the install fails. So not quite sure exactly what it is....

Hadent really heard of ADVERTISING SPAM before reading the post son here, so after having installed it and playing about with it im ust wondering what peoples experiences are with it or waht they know about it.

It seems to be described as a "market alternative", which claim it can give you all the paid apps for free...

Is this actualyl true, or is there more to this than meets the yeye, ie some form or viruses/spyware etc? or are all apps that u download through it, even the paid ones all the genuine apps?

Im not condoning software piracy either or suggesting that people all start using this app. Im just wondering exactly what its all about and what people may know about it/whwat it actually does? or what risksa re involved? or how true the "free" paid apps thing is all about.

just seems a little odd to me or suspicious?

It's a black market with not all but a lot of ripped apps on it...It's theft and unfair on developers. Yes it is a little suspicious...but I think it is just a piracy market.

I have read before that if caught using this Google do have the right to stop you using the market altogether but not sure how they would enforce this really......

I don't believe that it is riddled with viruses...but also read somewhere that the apps size seems to be significantly greater than that of the default...also you allow it permissions I do believe upon installing,

what these are I don't know but would guess, network access, and phone storage etc....

Guest RottenFoxBreath
It's a black market with not all but a lot of ripped apps on it...It's theft and unfair on developers. Yes it is a little suspicious...but I think it is just a piracy market.

I have read before that if caught using this Google do have the right to stop you using the market altogether but not sure how they would enforce this really......

I don't believe that it is riddled with viruses...but also read somewhere that the apps size seems to be significantly greater than that of the default...also you allow it permissions I do believe upon installing,

what these are I don't know but would guess, network access, and phone storage etc....

it's a warez place..

And the LG Home replacement is ripped for other phones really, not for the LG one, as you have that, the latest one, on 2.1.