Can't sign in with my Windows Live ID

Guest element332

Guest element332

Anybody having same problem... it doesn't work... i put in my id and pass and message pops out that i can't sign in..

the message is... we were trying to activate your phone without troubling you, but something went wrong........bla bla..

and they need some activation code...that i should get from customer services...

WHAT..?

is that o2 customer service or microsoft..

Just WEIRD....

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Anybody having same problem... it doesn't work... i put in my id and pass and message pops out that i can't sign in..

the message is... we were trying to activate your phone without troubling you, but something went wrong........bla bla..

and they need some activation code...that i should get from customer services...

WHAT..?

is that o2 customer service or microsoft..

Just WEIRD....

Hard reset? Dunno how to do it yet on a hd7!

Others on XDA-Devs have the same issue. Could be the o2 store didn't scan the IMEI? Some handsets are dead on the network until they are booked out from a store eg AT&T gophones in the USA won't work until the store sends the IMEI to AT&T.

If PAYG did you change the apn?

Can you sign in ok online with your live id? Is the country setting correct in your profile eg you don't have the USA timezone accidently set as it can be defualt if your live id is a .com rather than a .co.uk?

M.S

from xda-devs:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=4

I got it sorted in the end after calling many Ms support hotlines.

No one knew anything about it, ive just had a call from a MS rep and hes saying loads of people are having the same problems and there is no support information out there.

To talk to some one to activate call 0844 800 2400 the guy i spoke to was Avinash Kumar

HTH.

M.S

Guest element332

well.that is alot....

country is ok..so is the timezone....

You can do HR in settings..i will try that.....

and than i will try to call that nuber thx...

calling 0844 800 2400 helped me... i talk to someone alse that Avinash Kumar..and he was very helpful...took about 5 min...no problem...

And what did he do, do you you know? If it's o2 it's a handset provisioning issue, right?

M.S

Guest sutt359

Its something to do with live account not doing something correctly as it wouldnt log into Zune, xbox live, marketplace, or hotmail.

Mind you i could log into all the sevices via the pc just fine.

Its something to do with live account not doing something correctly as it wouldnt log into Zune, xbox live, marketplace, or hotmail.

Mind you i could log into all the sevices via the pc just fine.

I seriously doubt o2 can administer live accounts and their operators resolve the issue. from others affected it's handset specific - when they've complained in the shop a replacement has worked ok.

m.s