Desire HD rom??

Guest 325i

Will there be a desire HD rom for the desire be available in the future?

I have flashed a HD rom from xda and have to say there are massive improvements. So it is in the pipeline?

Guest Asselberghs

I have flashed a HD rom from xda and have to say there are massive improvements. So it is in the pipeline?

Paul is currently working on Z and HD rom ports to the Desire, I imagine it´s gonna take some time though, due to the difference in internal storage I expect that Desire HD rom have to be trimmed a bit to fit on the Desire. But it´s coming m8:)

Guest BashyUK
Paul is currently working on Z and HD rom ports to the Desire, I imagine it´s gonna take some time though, due to the difference in internal storage I expect that Desire HD rom have to be trimmed a bit to fit on the Desire. But it´s coming m8:)

Can't wait myself :P Will wait for this, then I think after that it's time to take a break from Sense.

Can't wait myself :P Will wait for this, then I think after that it's time to take a break from Sense.

I think that from time to time, actually tried cyanogen mod 6 and well, I like the speed but the UI just isn't unified enough for me to stick with it, the widgets just don't fit right together yet, the phone just feels wrong in a way.

And damn, I miss the big stupid sense clock

Just get FancyWidget from this link, its a copy and works on all Android builds...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ru6m0w

This is v1.3.0, the last one before it was pulled from the Market

As a side note, I'm running the RCMixHD port and bar the camera it's rock solid. Camera is neally sorted now so once done then I'll be more than happy with it. It's already my daily ROM as I've no need for the camera (I have a camera for that!!)

Edited by EddyOS

Just get FancyWidget from this link, its a copy and works on all Android builds...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ru6m0w

This is v1.3.0, the last one before it was pulled from the Market

As a side note, I'm running the RCMixHD port and bar the camera it's rock solid. Camera is neally sorted now so once done then I'll be more than happy with it. It's already my daily ROM as I've no need for the camera (I have a camera for that!!)

That's the rom I tried and it's absolutely great. Other than the camera, its flawless.

Its a bit disappointing that were paying for a modaco subscription and free HD roms are available elsewhere.

Guest BashyUK
That's the rom I tried and it's absolutely great. Other than the camera, its flawless.

Its a bit disappointing that were paying for a modaco subscription and free HD roms are available elsewhere.

Need the camera myself, it's the camera that is always to hand for me rather than my actual camera. I've seen the thread previously on XDA re: getting the camera working, good to hear they may nearly have it resolved.

As for the subs fee, yeah I can see what you mean there but then there is the customisijg option which you don't have with those ROMS (although with Root Explorer\Terminal Emulator and my increased understanding of my phone and Android's workings I can edit/delete add files through the OS). For me it was paid when i was totally new to the scene and for what I have got out of it it's paid for itself already...will I pay it again? We'll see when the time comes! Still prefer to post on this site than XDA, lot of touchy people over there!

Exactly that, before I knew what I was doing I needed a little help and the kitchen was ideal - once Paul releases an HD ROM then I'll probably give it a go but as said, will I pay again come renewal? Probably, but we'll see...

Edited by EddyOS

Agree mate. I also joined as I was a newbie to android. Also by looking at the recent lack of desire updates, I think it will be a long time before a HD rom becomes available.

Guys, if you're not happy about paying either don't or make your own ROM. Paul has a life outside of making ROMs (and I'd like to think you guys do too!!)

Have patience, and if you're THAT desperate try one of the other HD ROMs. I have and it's great!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

what are the massive improvements?

battery? bluetooth hid? usb-host? performance, wifi-proxy ...? just interested.

I was just stating that the OP is the only one really posting in here about it...there are already HD ports and until the camera is sorted in them it's unlikely there'll be an MCR version (unless Paul knows something we don't)

You don't pay a subscription to the ROMs, you pay for ad free and kitchen. Surely the improvements you've already received are worth a few quid?

MoDaCo is just Paul to my knowledge, lots of devices and one man. I, and the people I know that now have rooted phones thanks to him are pretty pleased. Perspective peeps, perspective :)

Guest BashyUK
I care too, i just got sick of complaining in the R9 thread...

Me too :)

Although I just want to try any HD ROM with a working camera, XDA devs have been working on it for a while, fair play to them, hope they succeed soon.

Me too :)

Although I just want to try any HD ROM with a working camera, XDA devs have been working on it for a while, fair play to them, hope they succeed soon.

I always seem to bugger my SD card when i stick a rom on from XDA... three times in a row... have to reformt the bastard each time and lose all my stuff! so I'm waiting for R10... patiently... but starting to think Paul's just thrown in the towel. A brief update would be nice, even if its just a "i'm getting the shits with R10 so wont touch it till December" at least then we wouldnt be checking the forum every 15min haha.

Guest camdenhandbrake
I always seem to bugger my SD card when i stick a rom on from XDA... three times in a row... have to reformt the bastard each time and lose all my stuff! so I'm waiting for R10... patiently... but starting to think Paul's just thrown in the towel. A brief update would be nice, even if its just a "i'm getting the shits with R10 so wont touch it till December" at least then we wouldnt be checking the forum every 15min haha.

He's on holiday.

Guest Zarch1972

According to his Twitter updates he's currently messing about with the Galaxy Tab, Desire HD, Desire Z and HD7.

Understandable I suppose.... we all love new toys....... :)

http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien