Froyo: installing tom g's beta 0.30 22nd Oct

Guest tom_s

It's difficult for people to find the info they need on really long threads. The forum search function often doesn't offer much help. If you've installed 0.30 please write about how you got on here.

Guest biron_w

I installed and it works fine. Although the inbuilt a2sd thing doesn't seem to work. My phone memory still goes down.

I'm going to flash dtapps a2sd which I had on beta 0.20

It's difficult for people to find the info they need on really long threads. The forum search function often doesn't offer much help. If you've installed 0.30 please write about how you got on here.

Installed fine on my CHT8000.

Tre 2.1 updata for my base (that's what I had already and I didn't not change it; should give me some space to push other apps; not yet tested)

Clockwork Recovery (already installed previously)

Nandorid backup of my previous rom

Full factory wipe

Installed the CM .zip

Installed Google apps .zip

Rebooted - perfect!

Tested apps.

Left the "move apps to sd" setting on automatic, but it lolks like nothing it being moved automatically. It seems I can move them manually in the Application Manger.

Discovered that widgets can not be moved to sd (moved them back and rebooted to restore them).

Discovered that apps with widgets can be moved to sd, but you will lose their widgets.

Sucessfully installed HWime (Chinese handwriting recognition), but this also can not be moved to SD.

Swype installer worked, but fc'ed right at the end of the process. Fortunately Swype is installed and working.

Haven't gotten much further, but it really looks good.

Only FC's related to installing system apps that don't run on Froyo.

Edited by twrock

Guest DanWilson
Installed fine on my CHT8000.

Tre 2.1 updata for my base (that's what I had already and I didn't not change it; should give me some space to push other apps; not yet tested)

Clockwork Recovery (already installed previously)

Nandorid backup of my previous rom

Full factory wipe

Installed the CM .zip

Installed Google apps .zip

Rebooted - perfect!

Tested apps.

Left the "move apps to sd" setting on automatic, but it looks like nothing it being moved automatically. It seems I can move them manually in the Application Manger.

Discovered that widgets can not be moved to sd (moved them back and rebooted to restore them).

Discovered that apps with widgets can be moved to sd, but you will lose their widgets.

Sucessfully installed HWime (Chinese handwriting recognition), but this also can not be moved to SD.

Swype installer worked, but fc'ed right at the end of the process. Fortunately Swype is installed and working.

Haven't gotten much further, but it really looks good.

Only FC's related to installing system apps that don't run on Froyo.

Mind if I use this in the Discussion thread?

Go ahead Dan.

I'm not that teched up so have to do a lot of searching on this forum. More often than not the search function returns pointers to threads that are 50, 100 or even 200 pages long - hopeless. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge here but it's frequently nearly impossible to access. Information you can't get at doesn't, in effect, exist. I started the tread hoping a narrowly focused thread would save time and reduce confusion.

Edited by tom_s

Guest DanWilson
Go ahead Dan.

I'm not that teched up so have to do a lot of searching on this forum. More often than not the search function returns pointers to threads that are 50, 100 or even 200 pages long - hopeless. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge here but it's frequently nearly impossible to access. Information you can't get at doesn't, in effect, exist. I started the tread hoping a narrowly focused thread would save time and reduce confusion.

Well, as much as I asked twock ( :P ), I have updated the Discussion thread, and of course, if he has any issues with it, he can tell me. And then I'll attempt to make my own guide....

But I do know what you mean. Searches include the whole thread, so if you want one thing, it shows 100 threads with only one that you want.

Which is why I made the discussion thread back before CM6. People with problems would clog up the development thread, so I made a thread for help and guides. I'm going to start reading the whole thread again, and update it with anything useful.

Guest Alsajosora
Well, as much as I asked twock ( :P ), I have updated the Discussion thread, and of course, if he has any issues with it, he can tell me. And then I'll attempt to make my own guide....

But I do know what you mean. Searches include the whole thread, so if you want one thing, it shows 100 threads with only one that you want.

Which is why I made the discussion thread back before CM6. People with problems would clog up the development thread, so I made a thread for help and guides. I'm going to start reading the whole thread again, and update it with anything useful.

Managed to get .030 installed ok, but I get a bootloop everytime I try and flash the Blue S framework.......Any Ideas......

Brief history......

Came from Jmod.

Wiped and Fastbooted Version 0.20 across.....Everything works fine, until I tried to install the Blue S framework.......Bootloop

Wiped and flashed 0.30 from SDCard.....Boots ok. Reboot into recovery, flash Blue s from Zip on card.....Bootloop.........

Guest DanWilson
Managed to get .030 installed ok, but I get a bootloop everytime I try and flash the Blue S framework.......Any Ideas......

Brief history......

Came from Jmod.

Wiped and Fastbooted Version 0.20 across.....Everything works fine, until I tried to install the Blue S framework.......Bootloop

Wiped and flashed 0.30 from SDCard.....Boots ok. Reboot into recovery, flash Blue s from Zip on card.....Bootloop.........

Last time I checked, Blue S doesn't yet work with 0.30, and you need to install the correct Blue S. The CM6 one.

Guest igor_anta
Last time I checked, Blue S doesn't yet work with 0.30, and you need to install the correct Blue S. The CM6 one.

The framework is modified in 0.30 so I'm updating Blue S for this. Soon, it's almost done, I'm finishing up some of the apps. Cheers!

Mind if I use this in the Discussion thread?

Have your people talk to my people and we'll see if we can work something out. I'm looking for at least 80% of any profit you make off of my work. :P

Sure, anything, any time.

I'm still messing with it, trying to shoehorn as much into the space as I can. I discovered that I can't go over a combined 38.something mb in /system/app (both updates combined) and still get everything to install in the Tre partitions. I'm guessing that is the problem of people not being able to see some of the apps that should have been installed. When I get over that amount, stuff just isn't there after the install. I too lost Market when I made a too big of a rom. Since the CM6.1.zip is installed first, I'm guessing it is always going to be the Gapps stuff that doesn't get properly installed. But that doesn't explain why people who have the same base stock rom are getting different results upon installing this one. Weird.

I'll leave the technical stuff to you people who are a lot smarter though. I'm just a hack of a hack of a hacker. Lot's of trial and error, no real brains. It's all fun.

Guest DanWilson
Have your people talk to my people and we'll see if we can work something out. I'm looking for at least 80% of any profit you make off of my work. :P

Sure, anything, any time.

I'm still messing with it, trying to shoehorn as much into the space as I can. I discovered that I can't go over a combined 38.something mb in /system/app (both updates combined) and still get everything to install in the Tre partitions. I'm guessing that is the problem of people not being able to see some of the apps that should have been installed. When I get over that amount, stuff just isn't there after the install. I too lost Market when I made a too big of a rom. Since the CM6.1.zip is installed first, I'm guessing it is always going to be the Gapps stuff that doesn't get properly installed. But that doesn't explain why people who have the same base stock rom are getting different results upon installing this one. Weird.

I'll leave the technical stuff to you people who are a lot smarter though. I'm just a hack of a hack of a hacker. Lot's of trial and error, no real brains. It's all fun.

Erm... What about 100% of the profits?

Not that there are any profits.

Erm... What about 100% of the profits?

Not that there are any profits.

Nah, you can have them all.

Ok, now that I really started to try to use the rom instead of just changing the rom, no, what is built in for moving apps to sd is just not going to do. It appears to only move part of each app, and not very much at that. I can't come close to getting enough space for the minimal set of apps I want. I'm headed back to the main thread to see what people came up with overnight to get DT A2SD going on this thing.

Guest DanWilson
Nah, you can have them all.

Ok, now that I really started to try to use the rom instead of just changing the rom, no, what is built in for moving apps to sd is just not going to do. It appears to only move part of each app, and not very much at that. I can't come close to getting enough space for the minimal set of apps I want. I'm headed back to the main thread to see what people came up with overnight to get DT A2SD going on this thing.

+1 The internal A2SD is crap.

I think a few things were said about A2SD, but weirdly, when I upgraded, it kept all my settings (as it should), but kept A2SD on.

:P