Help!!! My LG GT540 is stuck on the LG logo!!!

I flashed the Optimus from 1.6 to 2.1 - The android marketplace was NOT working so I decided to go back to 1.6... All was going well until my computer crashed!!!

Now im stuck with a LG Logo and it flickers at boot and I cannot even hard reset it. Please help me!!! I'm on Orange UK and I only bought my phone roughly a month ago.

Thanks

it has nothing to do with your computer, as if u would have read here about a 100 repleis stating to people they can not go back to 1.6 from 2.1

it has nothing to do with your computer, as if u would have read here about a 100 repleis stating to people they can not go back to 1.6 from 2.1

But still, Is there a way to get back to any OS? I just want my phone working. I dont really care about the system features. Im just stuck on the LG Logo

But still, Is there a way to get back to any OS? I just want my phone working. I dont really care about the system features. Im just stuck on the LG Logo

u need to press volume down+power+camera button, it will go on to Download mode.

then go to ur computer to device manager and disable LG android modem.

reflash with KDs updater.

u need to press volume down+power+camera button, it will go on to Download mode.

then go to ur computer to device manager and disable LG android modem.

reflash with KDs updater.

If I press volume down+power+camera it stays on the LG Logo, Nothing happens - I can go onto device manager and disable the LG Android Modem, When i try to flash it without the volume down+power+camera it makes my computer freeze.

If I press volume down+power+camera it stays on the LG Logo, Nothing happens - I can go onto device manager and disable the LG Android Modem, When i try to flash it without the volume down+power+camera it makes my computer freeze.

ok do it with the LG logo on, that is what happened to me exactly.

so basically just go to Lg screen and disable LG android modem, and then use KDZ updater.

1. Remove and reinsert the battery.

2. Volumn down+power to switch to download mode.

3. Plug in the usb cable

4. Disable the LG Android Modem #2

PS: Try repeat step 1 to 3 until your computer recognize the new device.

1. Remove and reinsert the battery.

2. Volumn down+power to switch to download mode.

3. Plug in the usb cable

4. Disable the LG Android Modem #2

PS: Try repeat step 1 to 3 until your computer recognize the new device.

Wow dude you are awesome!!! You just fixed my phone!!! Thanks a million! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys this worked for me but now I have the process com.android phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again coming up all the time, anyway around this?

Edited by sarbe

Guest moosebumps1
Thanks guys this worked for me but now I have the process com.android phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again coming up all the time, anyway around this?

The recovery process sorted my bricked phone for me as well (thanks guys!), BUT I get the same problem with com.android stopping every few seconds. Restarting does nothing.

Any ideas?

Edited by moosebumps1

Guest brqueiros

Try a hard reset: volume up+home+search for 5 seconds

I did that but when i put my apps on it starts to do it again

Remove the apps, and put on one by one. that way u will know which one is causing the problem.

uri.

Sorry m8 i've only just replied. I think it was a data setting, when i reinstalled apps using titanium i was redoing apps and data instead of just apps. Just did all the apps and no problems.. yet lol