Just unlocked my san francisco - how do I set up hotmail?

Guest RAMBO73

Guest RAMBO73

I just purchased the San Francisco yesterday. I have unlocked this to my Tesco SIM. I can use the internet, but need to know how to set up my hotmail, worked fine on the Orange SIM. I am getting a msg "error validating phone number". I need an idiots guide if possible :P? Also what's the easiest and cheapest way of downloading apps and need advice on how to use the sat nav? I'm all clueless, Thanks!

Guest add.thebad
I just purchased the San Francisco yesterday. I have unlocked this to my Tesco SIM. I can use the internet, but need to know how to set up my hotmail, worked fine on the Orange SIM. I am getting a msg "error validating phone number". I need an idiots guide if possible :P? Also what's the easiest and cheapest way of downloading apps and need advice on how to use the sat nav? I'm all clueless, Thanks!

cant help on the "error validating phone number" never heard of that sorrt

but apps from the market or search using google eg angrybirds.apk and download the apk. then transfet to sd card. then using a file explorer find the apk and tap on it to install. U need to make sure you phone is set to install from non market sources if it asks you

sat nav is easy open the navigation app from google make sure gps is on and you have a data connection then type in where you want to go and you off.

sorry i cant fix your other problem sounds like a network setting problem google around for orange network settings and check yours match up go so settings>wireless and networks> network settings *i think*

Guest add.thebad

cant help on the "error validating phone number" never heard of that sorrt

but apps from the market or search using google eg angrybirds.apk and download the apk. then transfet to sd card. then using a file explorer find the apk and tap on it to install. U need to make sure you phone is set to install from non market sources if it asks you

sat nav is easy open the navigation app from google make sure gps is on and you have a data connection then type in where you want to go and you off.

sorry i cant fix your other problem sounds like a network setting problem google around for orange network settings and check yours match up go so settings>wireless and networks> network settings *i think*

• 1 month later...
Guest katrinam123
I just purchased the San Francisco yesterday. I have unlocked this to my Tesco SIM. I can use the internet, but need to know how to set up my hotmail, worked fine on the Orange SIM. I am getting a msg "error validating phone number". I need an idiots guide if possible :)? Also what's the easiest and cheapest way of downloading apps and need advice on how to use the sat nav? I'm all clueless, Thanks!

this happened to me a while a go the reason it says error validating phone number is because the mail works through "mobile mail" which is run by orange. if you have bought the phone on pay as you go, you are given a 2 week free trial for mobile mail. after the 2 weeks is up you will have to pay £5 a month if you want to continue using it. its abit sneaky from them because the whole point of smartphones is to be able to check your email, and they are making you pay £5 a month for this when it should really be free. it only works through 3g not wifi, and will definitely not work if you have a sim card other than orange in. hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...
Guest the stags

Hi, you might want to consider getting rid of the orange stuff on the phone

post 114 will show you how.

click here

You can use titanium ( an app) instead of system app remover)

What stuff can you take off your phone

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/321...ncisco/page/40/

post 44 & 45

If you are keen

read here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

an possible email apps

http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-and...cles/89966.aspx

Let me know how you get on.

Guest lulubelle
this happened to me a while a go the reason it says error validating phone number is because the mail works through "mobile mail" which is run by orange. if you have bought the phone on pay as you go, you are given a 2 week free trial for mobile mail. after the 2 weeks is up you will have to pay £5 a month if you want to continue using it. its abit sneaky from them because the whole point of smartphones is to be able to check your email, and they are making you pay £5 a month for this when it should really be free. it only works through 3g not wifi, and will definitely not work if you have a sim card other than orange in. hope this helps

Hi,

I'm a android newbie and I've just bought a SF on PAYG, after unlocking the SF I'm having this EXACT problem (I'm on Tesco Mobile)! What a con! Did you try removing all of the Orange paraphernalia as per the instruction

s in the post below and did it work? I'm contemplating whether or not I should send the phone back because I'm also having an issue with the SF reading my SD card. Be grateful for any advice.