ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest superkryo

If you have adb working, then simply unzip the attached file in the same directory of adb and type the following in a windows console:

1. "adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gpsconf"

2. "adb push build.prop /system/build.prop"

3. "adb shell"

4. "chmod 644 /system/build.prop"

5. "reboot"

patches.zip

Guest popoyaya
If you have adb working, then simply unzip the attached file in the same directory of adb and type the following in a windows console:

1. "adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gpsconf"

2. "adb push build.prop /system/build.prop"

3. "adb shell"

4. "chmod 644 /system/build.prop"

5. "reboot"

and what will this achieve?

Guest stephen m
Really :P I wonder how its done that. Was it not unlocked before the 2.2 update?

Installed the 2.2 update. Now the phone is no longer rooted. Superuser icon still there but it states it's not rooted. Any ideas anyone ??

Installed the 2.2 update. Now the phone is no longer rooted. Superuser icon still there but it states it's not rooted. Any ideas anyone ??

Yes go back to the first post and start reading, it has been mentioned quite a few times.

Hint: universal

Guest gingerninja
Really :D I wonder how its done that. Was it not unlocked before the 2.2 update?

No just had it replaced (faulty earpiece) first thing I did was flash the 2.2 update. Worked with my 3 sim card, reverted to sebs rom its my girlfriends phone so will wait till markets fixed to use full time, phone then asked for unlock code :P

Guest stephen m
Yes go back to the first post and start reading, it has been mentioned quite a few times.

Hint: universal

Yeah. Tried with the original update yesterday, but my phone just froze on the green android. Is this still an issues with the 2.2 update anyone know ?

No need to reply guys got it from here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598. Thanks

Edited by stephen m

Yeah. Tried with the original update yesterday, but my phone just froze on the green android. Is this still an issues with the 2.2 update anyone no ?

if you get frozen on the green android man allways do a battrey pull this fixes the isue its a known problem.

Edited by jutley

Guest infamouse

Everything working great with latest update, few issues with the original rom all seem to be ironed out in this one. Runs super fast, wifi seems to be working well, gps locks on fine, market runs well. Cant express how impressed I am with this little phone and all the hard work you guys do, its amazing.

P.S. would also like to confirm update removes simlock.

Again guys thanks for all the hard work.

Guest IronDoc

fl

Anyone had any successes with adb drivers tried post 155 with post 275 edit, will not work for me.

I used them without the edit. Worked fine when I pointed windows at them.

Edit: You do have USB Debugging enabled, right? I think that's necessary.

Edited by IronDoc

I gave it a go, everything seemed to be working fine and its much much smoother. I hit a slight snag though, it doesn't seem to let me import my contacts from sim! bit of a biggy for me so restored r4 for now.

The screen also went black when installing angrybirds, couldn't wake it back up no matter what I did, phone had not shut down as pressing the menu button, home button etc gave a vibration, weird one :P

Thanks for the reply IronDoc , I have USB Debugging enabled but still can not get windows to accept drivers.

In Device Manager, select one of the ZTEHSUSB devices (they should all show as warning triangles right now). Right click one, select update driver.

Choose to use your own driver, and then opt to select it from a list.

Show all devices, and then select Have Disk. Point this dialog to the location of the drivers.

The driver selection box will now list 3 options. Select ADB (not Composite ADB), and continue.

Now run the command "adb devices". If the phone isn't listed, rinse & repeat with a different of the unconfigured devices.

Guest MIKEYMC

Installed a tryed it out all day. Thanks to those who made this and are hopefully still perfecting it.

I'm going back to R4 though as market is doing my head in. Guess I'll just have to put up with wifi dropping out for now.

Ok, I've uploaded the file and PMed the link directly to Stephen, so there should be a stable mirror soon.

For now: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24843810/update2.2.zip (5GB/day limit, file deleted after 7 days with no DLs)

EDIT:

Mirror from Stephen:

http://www.dmpwap.net/update2.2.zip

If I do a backup with nandroid before I install this, will I be able to go back to that one if I dont like 2.2?

Would also appreciate if we could try to update the first post with all relevant information, since there have been a lot of issues discussed through-out the thread, although I understand if that would be to much to ask :P.

Thanks for the reply Aquilo, problem is it is listing 4 ZTE HSUSB Device in device manger 2 will install with drivers to Android ADB Interface, and

Android Composite ADB Interface, leaving 2 ZTE HSUSB Device in yellow in device manger, these will not install , if you delete them when you plug the blade in found new hardware etc starts every time and will not accept any drivers?

Guest jimmy2x2x
Thanks for the reply Aquilo, problem is it is listing 4 ZTE HSUSB Device in device manger 2 will install with drivers to Android ADB Interface, and

Android Composite ADB Interface, leaving 2 ZTE HSUSB Device in yellow in device manger, these will not install , if you delete them when you plug the blade in found new hardware etc starts every time and will not accept any drivers?

Same thing here, Win 7 x64 - however Android Commander works just fine like this, well at least it does for me

Lol back on R4 now and still can't dl from market :D

The market works fine on the 2.2 rom, when u install just go to settings>privacy and Factory data reset,

Yeah the first post needs updating with the fixed 2.2 rom and how to fix market etc. as the rom is perfectly fine for full time use :P

Guest harmohn
The market works fine on the 2.2 rom, when u install just go to settings>privacy and Factory data reset,

Yeah the first post needs updating with the fixed 2.2 rom and how to fix market etc. as the rom is perfectly fine for full time use :P

...hmm tried that, but no joy for me here :D