ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Ditto to the poster above me. The icons are dreadful, almost what you would get on a samsung (a little better i mite add :P). Also good work on this rom. Wifi is ALOT better now.

Guest blauwal26

I just backed up my sebastian404 system and thought hell why not try out that buggy and probably unusable 2.2 alpha - here I am with everything but the calendar working fine, thanks a lot guys!

Guest Kame_boy

Hey guys, i was just trying to get ADB working, and followed the steps mentioned earlier in the thread, and those hacked driver from post #155-ish. However, im running win7 32 bit and those seem to be for 64 bit. I can't get adb to find my device.

Has anyone got this working?

Edited by Kame_boy

Hey guys, i was just trying to get ADB working, and followed the steps mentioned earlier in the thread, and those hacked driver from post #155-ish. However, im running win7 32 bit and those seem to be for 64 bit. I can't get adb to find my device.

Has anyone got this working?

This post I made a while ago should help you...

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1436755

The new 2.2 ROM has a different device ID, but the overall process is the same. The device you need to add the driver to ends with a "4".

Guest stephen m
I had the same errors, I solved mine like this:

Install 'Startup Auditor'

run it

press menu

select disable all

select 'only disable all startup' (2nd option)

reboot phone

no more calender force closes for me

Thanks. Just tried this, but still the calender force closes. Ahhhh :P

Guest daniel_owen_uk
Ditto to the poster above me. The icons are dreadful, almost what you would get on a samsung (a little better i mite add :P). Also good work on this rom. Wifi is ALOT better now.

Read through the thread, it's come up several times already.

Guest mephestic
whens the plan to release a new beta build?

Ditto,

Im also waiting for the beta build - any news on this? Is Paul taking this alpha on to work out the kinks?

Also any idea whether the SF will see an official Froyo release?

lots of questions I know..im just eager!! :P

I'm pretty sure we wont see any new roms until we get the kernal source :/

Actually some of the devs are rebuilding Vanilla Froyo roms from the Chinese one.

Guest Pakatus
yea patience its not a simple job especially without kernel sources

Even so...

im using alpha 1 in my phone since weekend...

Offcourse i dont have mp3 playback

Offcourse i dont have rootexplorer

even so...its the best rom i have ever had :P

props to you..you deserve it

Regarding the icons, I tried replacing the icons in the GAPPS .apk files, then re-signing them and putting them back in the .zip to flash onto the phone. It didn't work, the apps didn't install :D

I'll keep trying :P

Even so...

im using alpha 1 in my phone since weekend...

Offcourse i dont have mp3 playback

Offcourse i dont have rootexplorer

even so...its the best rom i have ever had :P

props to you..you deserve it

MP3 Playback is fine here, and Root Explorer and all other apps requiring SU can be worked around by using Universal Androot root to "unroot" the device, then installing Sebastians404's SU mod zip from recovery. Works fine for me, and all apps have root access automatically even after rebooting.

Guest Simon Baker

Help,

ive ran this rom in and can no longer see my sd card. I ran the R3 rom before and had apps2sd running, ive re-ran the .zip in but still can't see the sd card. The phone doesn't even give me the option to mount a card as it says no card present.

edit:

I am now reformatting the SD card to try that

Edited by Simon Baker

Guest Pez1980

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I would like to say thanks to all the dev people for all their input. This Froyo rom is so fast it's unbelievable. I ran Quadrant on the 2.1 r4 release from Paul and got a score of 327. I have have just run Quadrant on the alpha Froyo release and got a score on Quadrant of 999. That score outperforms the Samsung Galaxy S! Amazing work guys :P

Market is working fine for me. The only issue is that root access goes from time to time, so I just run Universal Androot when that happens.

post-779482-1288096611_thumb.png

Pez

Guest StevenHarperUK

Workround HACK for Calendar

Ok you have to re-apply it each time you re-boot.

1. Stop the Calendar Sync in Accounts (uncheck it)
  2. In Manage Applications, delete cache and force stop all THREE Calender Entries
  3. Open The Calendar from your APP Drawer
  4. The APP force closes - leave it there for about 5 seconds (you will see it load in the background) then close it
  5. Re-open the Calendar APP - It opens fine (DONT SCROLL AT ALL)
  6. Now RE-Enable Calendar SYNC in Accounts
  7. WAIT - until it syncs

You can now Add any widgets etc.

Guest Andy Maclean
Regarding the icons, I tried replacing the icons in the GAPPS .apk files, then re-signing them and putting them back in the .zip to flash onto the phone. It didn't work, the apps didn't install :D

I'll keep trying :P

You don't need to re-sign the apk, you can just replace the icon in /res/drawable-hdpi/ with the normal one, then re-flash the zip. This worked fine for me.

I've attached a version of HTC IME for this rom. It's just pauls original mod re-jigged to work for 2.2. I've not tested it extensively but it seems okay so far.

Cheers,

Andy

HTC_IME_hi_blade.zip

For those that are interested, here's the simcard toolkit for the 2.2 ROM.

http://narq.eu/Stk.apk

(With thanks to one of the fine chaps from IRC who's working hard on bringing us an improved build.)

I'm not getting the 3G+ symbol anymore, im with Tesco mobile, was before i flashed, and cannot install apps from market (Market issue maybe?)

Guest robot1000
Workround HACK for Calendar

Ok you have to re-apply it each time you re-boot.

1. Stop the Calendar Sync in Accounts (uncheck it)
  2. In Manage Applications, delete cache and force stop all THREE Calender Entries
  3. Open The Calendar from your APP Drawer
  4. The APP force closes - leave it there for about 5 seconds (you will see it load in the background) then close it
  5. Re-open the Calendar APP - It opens fine (DONT SCROLL AT ALL)
  6. Now RE-Enable Calendar SYNC in Accounts
  7. WAIT - until it syncs
You can now Add any widgets etc.

Cheers mate!

I had to wipe the data and cache twice before it got working, but now I'm able to use LauncherPro Calendar widget so I'm very happy!

Guest vl4d1m1r
I'm not getting the 3G+ symbol anymore, im with Tesco mobile, was before i flashed, and cannot install apps from market (Market issue maybe?)

Odd that you're not getting the 3G symbol. Data is most definitely enabled right? Is the APN configured correctly? As for the market, many people have had issues with it on this build. I don't know why some are experiencing issues and some are not (I just tested it on my device and it works OK, though it didn't on my first flash attempt, so maybe try reflashing?) but I expect it will be fixed along with most other issues when there is an updated build available.