ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest StevenHarperUK
Just to clarify something,when people say about the new mute feature that's in this froyo build, do they mean the turn to mute option in sounds?And does that happen only when someone calls you?That is mute the current call?Thanks,Chris

The phone goes into MUTE - so it does not ring - when NOT in a call / ringing

When in a call - turning has no effect

Guest IronDoc
Just to clarify something,when people say about the new mute feature that's in this froyo build, do they mean the turn to mute option in sounds?And does that happen only when someone calls you?That is mute the current call?Thanks,Chris

It means it gets set to silent when it's face down. It happens any time you turn the phone upside down.

Guest jimbobvfr400
It means it gets set to silent when it's face down. It happens any time you turn the phone upside down.

Wondered why this wasn't in Android, the options were there in the WM 6.5 ROM i was running on my SE X1 previously, even though the xperia didn't have the G senser :P

Always thought this was an awesome idea, I'm curently contemplating trying this Alpha, although I might just wait for Alpha2 or Beta. Mmmm decisions decisions :D

Guest paulsss

Dunno if anyone else has had this bug but occasionally my touch screen dies after not being used for a while. The phone still responds to button presses but I cannot 'slide to unlock', the touch screen does not respond at all. All i can do is cause a remote reboot over adb or take out the battery.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Dunno if anyone else has had this bug but occasionally my touch screen dies after not being used for a while. The phone still responds to button presses but I cannot 'slide to unlock', the touch screen does not respond at all. All i can do is cause a remote reboot over adb or take out the battery.

Never had that - I run 2.2 as my main daily ROM - did you full wife before applying 2.2 ?

Guest jimbobvfr400

Not that its much difference from removing the battery but I found a reset button the other day, above the SIM and SD slot. Although the lack of a stylus means its tricky to push :P

Guest Kame_boy

I had this bug this afternoon. A friend called me and i noticed i couldnt swipe to answer. The screen wasnt working right. After that i rebooted only to find my contacts and email app to be screwed up. I applied the same fix for the calendar, basically erasing the cache and force closing the apps, then sync again and it worked. Of course, the screen was working after reboot, but i dont know if the other thing about contacts and email was related.

Guest mELIANTE
Not that its much difference from removing the battery but I found a reset button the other day, above the SIM and SD slot. Although the lack of a stylus means its tricky to push :P

Full reset or just a reboot?

Guest fluxcapacitor

Mine does this also

Guest Spammeh
Mine does this also

I've been on 2.2 since it was released and my touch screen didn't work for the first time yesterday afternoon. I just couldn't unlock it and had to remove the battery.

Edited by Spammeh

Guest nedian05
I've been on 2.2 since it was released and my touch screen didn't work for the first time yesterday afternoon. I just couldn't unlock it and had to remove the battery.

Same happened to me twice. Only removing the battery worked.

i too have had my touch screen lock up. It did it yesterday like 6 times, really annoying. I think it happens most when the battery is low and maybe when the notification sound is played/popped up.

Guest ThePerfectOne

Few issues in setting up Froyo on my Blade, wouldn't be an issue if the fixes were included in step by step instructions. I upgraded from v4 Paul/ v5 Sabastian ROMs and everything appeared to be fine except Market and Google Voice complaining about login failure. Later discovered that agps was not included and screen resolution was too high causing phone keypad to be a microscropic as well as some other apps.

The key to fix the Market and GVoice was easy one by following the link below that states correct order of install. Since I had already updated with ROM, I did a factory reset from privacy menu and followed on from step 7.

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/ZTE_Blade_2.2

Few people suggesting few things about LCD Density but the patches listed on thread below work if you know how to implement them. Some apps that change LCD Density require rooting the device and rooting using Universal method is better and easier but the change to density is temporary until you reboot so go with the permanent fixes using the patches provided by superkryo.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/321...build/page/300/

In order to do this you will have to have ADB SDL installed and working, if you know little bit of linux you can test by "adb shell" and then commands such as "ls" etc.

However you cannot simply push files since it will be mounted as readonly so before you start you will have to enter "adb remount" and then follow with commands although there is a typo in step 1 where gpsconf should read "gps.conf".

After these fixes I am happy with the Froyo ROM on my Blade and hope this helps everyone else on the forum.

Guest Cazomino05

Anyone else noticed on this ROM the T-mobile orange network merger works (it shows roaming and says "T-Mobile Orange" in the lock screen) I'm sure it didn't in the default Orange ROM and I'm on T-mobile for refrence

Anyone else noticed on this ROM the T-mobile orange network merger works (it shows roaming and says "T-Mobile Orange" in the lock screen) I'm sure it didn't in the default Orange ROM and I'm on T-mobile for refrence

I think that's a change at EE's end.

Guest parasitetwin

I don't know if anyone has adressed this yet but I noticed something about the mp3 notification issue today. While i'm listening to mp3s the signal works but otherwise it doesn't, meaning that the problem lies with music not being opened when messages are received or something, right? I love this rom btw ^^ great work

chmod trick worked for me...sorry didnt solved your issues :\

No I meant your link leads to the sites front page.

So I suppose technically the answer is in there somewhere...

I found the chmod trick but haven't tried it yet. Has it to be done via ADB?

Great effort to gettting this alpha to work! kudos to you guys... This being said, it looks really ugly with the weird colored icons and white/vanilla status bar.... someone get us a decent theme and a new set of icons to replace these ones :P

It's been a good couple of days since the Alpha version is being hammered from all angles, time now for a robust beta? Anything we can do to help?