ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alertamber

hahaz! great job with the rom! had loads of fun fiddling around 2.2 last night! :P

but just going back to r4 for now, until market and stuff gets stable :D

Guest The-One

The market problems can also be related with the market himself. There is a new version of the market who wont let us download anything.. the downloads will just stall.

Yesterday i did a factory reset with my stock rom and i got this problem, i couldnt download a thing, just with a bit of luck i could finish a download and sucessefully install. I had to uninstall maket updates, clear the cache and stop the market application every time so it would work. I did some research on google and aparently there are more people with different phones having this problem with the latest market update so it could mean something. :P

Cheers

Edited by The-One

Guest tocixxx

A-GPS is offline in this build.

You can turn it on if you use following in

/system/etc/gps.conf

NTP_SERVER=xtra1.gpsonextra.net

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info

#			   4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose

DEBUG_LEVEL = 5

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

# Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions 

# less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions

ACCURACY_THRES=2500

################################

##### AGPS server settings #####

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following

# SUPL_HOST=supl.host.com or IP

# SUPL_PORT=1234

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

# FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following

# C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com or IP

# C2K_PORT=1234

# EXTRA SETTINGS

# Wiper (wifi positioning), 1=enable, 0=disable

ENABLE_WIPER=1

#################################

##### AGPS Carrier settings #####

#################################

CURRENT_CARRIER=common

DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE

DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

# TRUE for "User Plane", FALSE for "Control Plane"

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE

Guest Kame_boy
Titanium will work once you download busybox within Titanium.

There's an issue with apps being able to ask SuperUser for SU access, download Universal AndRoot from XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598

install it and bash the root me button a couple of times, SU should work for a while (at least)

This worked wonderfully! Thanks!

I now have my phone working stable with market and everything :P Crazy fast.

I just wanted to say i wiped everything before installing the rom. Including dalvik in the advanced menu inside clockworkmod recovery. Maybe that made the difference?

Also, the HTC_IME keyboard works if you go to www.gimpsta.com and make your own for froyo. Preferrably with your phone :D

Scratch that...

EDIT: I also made a factory reset from recovery before installing, as suggested below.

Edited by Kame_boy

Guest McGinn81

I did a factory data reset in the under settings / privacy tabs ( from the menu ) and after that my market place works wonderfully. Lcd density however does not as it hangs.... (make sure you back up before you go doing any factory resets )

KM

Guest IronDoc

Just tried it out and it's looking really good. I think I'll stick with r4 for now though; it seems you have no shortage of people willing to look for bugs etc :P

Guest Kame_boy
just noticed there is no calculator installed...not hating, just reporting :-)

That's because the chinese don't need it :P

(sorry couldn't help myself)

Edited by Kame_boy

That's because the chinese don't need it :P

(sorry couldn't help myself)

A-because?

But seriously, great work guys. Just about to install the rom now. Can't wait.

Bug List

Chinease on keyboard

keyboard does not vibrate

Dialer is too small

market apps do not scroll down

thease are the bugs i have noticed so far.

Edited by jutley

Guest jdtanner

Just reporting a couple of issues/bugs:

1. Google account setup doesn't seem to work (known problem)

2. DPI is rather bonkers for people with fat fingers :P

3. Network name is showing as the host network for virtual providers (e.g. O2 for GiffGaff)

4. No automatic brightness control

I hope this is the correct place to report these? Is there a trac/bugzilla or something setup?

Cheers for all the amazing work guys,

John

Guest Sebastian404

While it's an interesting exercise to get this working, its from a pre-production device, so we really don't know what is 'broken' because it been ported to a different phone and what's 'broken' because its pre-prod...

There is a good chance a lot of the 'issues' brought up are also present in original phone...

Guest jdtanner
While it's an interesting exercise to get this working, its from a pre-production device, so we really don't know what is 'broken' because it been ported to a different phone and what's 'broken' because its pre-prod...

There is a good chance a lot of the 'issues' brought up are also present in original phone...

Very true, but hopefully people will at least have the ability to make a more informed decision whether to install based to reports of what does/doesn't work if people report issues :P

Guest jimmy2x2x
3. Network name is showing as the host network for virtual providers (e.g. O2 for GiffGaff)

This fixes mine, I am on Virgin (now correct on 2.2) was always reported as T-Mobile on 2.1

Guest dav_dako
Not a major bug, but giffgaff appears as O2. I love froyo <3 but have gone back to 2.1 for now.

I'm on Tesco, I think i'd prefer if the service provider came up saying O2 rather than tesco :P

Guest tiggerlator

I put the 2.2 on mine last night, apart from no root, everything works fine, wifi, messages, internet off wifi and 3g. no other problems really.

:P !for alpha build this rom is jaw dropping! txts and calls work,market was fine for me,sync with google also works.camera works but preview in b/w.wifi working better than before.

looks like the hero going in the drawer.....

Guest tomdubs
I put the 2.2 on mine last night, apart from no root, everything works fine, wifi, messages, internet off wifi and 3g. no other problems really.

i had the same problem, i used universal androot, and that worked fine, now i can us apps that need root

Guest flatnote31
I'm on Tesco, I think i'd prefer if the service provider came up saying O2 rather than tesco :P

This is off topic, but.........How's Data going with you?

Using SpeedTest.net ap shows lots of ***** , can't get decent connection...and in Central London I'm getting EDGE!, downlink 0.3 or 0.4Mbps (if successful) and up 0.3

at home in NE Essex getting max 0.5

Network status is never consistent, shows E sometimes, then goes to G , then 3G+ (HSDPA) .... last night finally got some decent results, but the overall experience isn't nice...thinking of going back to Three

Guest Chrishas

i agree with thamoo, for an alpha version this has been more stable and reliable than the 2.1 stock and custom roms, only root and gps are not working for me