Proximity sensor issue.

Guest cezent

Got mine delivered today. Not had problem yet ( or enough time for problem). other forum has been talks of the proximity sensor issue but mainly from the ones bought at phones4u.

Just thought Of starting those topic if anyone has come across the problem.

Guest elroy944
Got mine delivered today. Not had problem yet ( or enough time for problem). other forum has been talks of the proximity sensor issue but mainly from the ones bought at phones4u.

Just thought Of starting those topic if anyone has come across the problem.

i have the unbranded desire hd, no proximity sensor problem, but i have a strange bug found. Try to download latest youtube app from market (2.0.26) and play an hd video. after closing the movie the phone become very laggy and only a reboot will get it normal (not an fastboot, but pull battery out)

more people having troubles with this?

Edited by elroy944

Guest griff_dai
i have the unbranded desire hd, no proximity sensor problem, but i have a strange bug found. Try to download latest youtube app from market (2.0.26) and play an hd video. after closing the movie the phone become very laggy and only a reboot will get it normal (not an fastboot, but pull battery out)

more people having troubles with this?

Had the same issue with the youtube app.

Also had the issue with the screen going black on a call.....

Can not do out about till I get home from Spain

Mine was a HTC none branded..... I did notice a OTA was available for the device though. Does that fix the issue?

Had the same issue with the youtube app.

Also had the issue with the screen going black on a call.....

Can not do out about till I get home from Spain

Mine was a HTC none branded..... I did notice a OTA was available for the device though. Does that fix the issue?

Your screen blackout souns like the proximity sensor problem others have been talking about. I heard the OTA supposed to have fixed the problem but I havent noticed the issue yet so dont know for sure.

about the youtube app. I have similar problem as well. On top of that, i can t seem to be able to log in to my youtube account and load up any of my youtube subscription. the app just stoned for a long time as soon as i key in log in details and back to the previous page with no change.

Guest keef319

Wouldn't it make sense the screen going black whilst on a call?

Why would you need the phone screen on when the phone is up to your ear, how is that a bug? Or is the bug the screen NOT going black?

Guest bobbyphoenix
Wouldn't it make sense the screen going black whilst on a call?

Why would you need the phone screen on when the phone is up to your ear, how is that a bug? Or is the bug the screen NOT going black?

It's the opposite. Once the screen goes black, it won't come back on. The only way to fix it (other than the OTA) is to pull the battery, or stick the headphones in.

Guest keef319

I guess the OTA fixed it cos mine always comes back on now when I take the phone away from my ear at the end of a call. I remember now, before I did the OTA I had to press the power button to wake the screen up.

Guest PygoShlee

Mine never had the problem (Mines Vodafone).

Although this new OTA seems to make the gallery load up almst instantly, which has cured my only complaint about the phone :)

• 2 months later...
Guest damemalov

OK I don't know if this is for this topic, but when I make a call and put the phone next to my ear the screen goes dark as it should. Then if I remove it but the call is still ongoing the screen is back on but the call menu is gone, I have to go to the status bar slide it down and click on the call to get the call screen back. This is very annoying ant it wasn't always like this. I have mu DHD for about a week now and this started happening in the last two days.

Please help.

Thanks.

The proximity sensor fix has been around ages and is widely known about. A proper search would bring it up quite easily.

"Blow on the proximity sensor rather hard."

You should find the problem is solved.