1click app2sd now includes 1 click root

Guest joestone

Guest Siamoen

Okay guys, thank you all very much for useful informations. Any many thanks to author who make it really easy way. Here is my first experience:

Device GT540

LG Europe 2.1 Official ROM (20B)

SD 32GB Class 4 Kingston (Faster isn't currently available with this capacity)

SD is divited aprox.this way: XXGB FAT32, 850MB Ext2, 150MB SWAP

UPDATED:

Here's my observations as I was playing with the thing for a day:

My recommendations:

1) Apply App2SD on clean ROM (preferably do factory reset before or reflash it entirely)

2) If you messed up with it for a while it's good idea to reformat ext2 partition as there are MBs of different data

My observations:

1) Class 4 card is probably still too slow for applying full app2sd, mainly appdata needs to be accessed really promptly

2) Options 1, 2, where appdata is not moved make your installations lowerring system memory still significantly that is why I believe appdata can make a big part of whole single app

3) If I apply any of 3, 4, I will get some force closing in near future, phone is laggy, sometimes on power on I'm not even asked for pin to sim. When someone calls me I'm getting ringing with blackscreen and it takes a considerable time to render call display with controls but fortunately I can answer call anytime by pressing hw button. I think that this is manly because I have quite slow SD card for this use. Do I?

4) But anyway it seems that all options work quite well when considering app installations. It seems that on my configuration is practically applicable only first option which is sufficient for my use.

SERIOUS QUESTIONS: (Appreciated if anyone can answer)

1) THE MOST SERIOUS PROBLEM: Consider option 1 Standart App2SD. As most of the applications work great I'm having problems mainly with players. There's app arcMedia. It's media player. It works great when installed without app2sd. But I tried every possible option of app2sd and this app doesn't work! And don't really understand why and it considerably argues stability of app2sd as it should just trick android to move standart app directory to other place. But now it seems it's not that simple! I guess there might be two possible issues. Either the app is strangely hardcoded and cannot find some parts when run on SD (it would correspond to no icon and system label) or app2sd missing some aspect of Android system which cannot be provided by simple directory mount (I guess it's called simlink in unix speech). I don't quite understand it. Any one can answer this? Anyone who think has working app2sd can try this app and post result?

Maybe there is problem in my configuration, use of official lg rom with a lot of integrated apps and such, not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'd love to have stable phone with enough room for apps.

UPDATE 2: Phone hangs over night with full app2SD. I think it run but cannot be awake, there's no response to buttons, only way to restart is to reconnect the battery then it works. Strange behaviour!

Let Android live!

Edited by Siamoen

Guest Corrupt Systems

Right, I finally managed to get app2sd working, but I can only have Option 1. Options 3 and 4 make the phone unstable!!!

But, this isn't an issue. I am more than happy to run with Option 1. I can now install loads of apps/games and my Internal Storage doesn't run low any where near as quickly as it used to.

My question is though, why do some phones not like Options 3 and 4??? Why do they make the phone unstable????

Guest Corrupt Systems

Just thought I'd mention,

DO NOT TAKE OUT THE MICROSD AND THEN TURN ON THE PHONE, THIS CAUSES 90% OF APPS TO CEASE FUNCTIONING, AND CONSTANTLY "FORCE CLOSE".

I learnt this the hard way and had to reinstall EVERY single app!!! :D

Edited by Corrupt Systems

Guest Corrupt Systems
i'm using transcend 8gb class 2 sd card...will app2sd work fine with this??

Yes mate, this should work perfectly. Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

Guest Siamoen

I'm also up for option 1. But can anyone please try to install application arcMedia and run it with some video? I'm really curious if it works. Please post some results and sys config. Thanks

Guest rocky7012

how do i know if the process is finished..i chose option 1 and pressed enter then the command promt showed something like starting app2sd then became blank...is it done already or do i have to wait??

Guest rocky7012
how do i know if the process is finished..i chose option 1 and pressed enter then the command promt showed something like starting app2sd then became blank...is it done already or do i have to wait??

turns out my phone is not detected...how can i make the phone detected?

Guest fdespotovski

Why don't you guys just update to android 2.2.1.It's faster than 2.1 and it fully supports app2sd.And there's no lag.Check out this thread at xda developers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=857213

I'm running Cyanogenmod 6.1.1 right now and it's really smooth.

But this is just me,if you don't want to upgrade,continue using 2.1.

Guest saeba_ryo
Why don't you guys just update to android 2.2.1.It's faster than 2.1 and it fully supports app2sd.And there's no lag.Check out this thread at xda developers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=857213

I'm running Cyanogenmod 6.1.1 right now and it's really smooth.

But this is just me,if you don't want to upgrade,continue using 2.1.

Because it still has some bugs and some features missing. Stuff that perhaps some don not use, but others do. For example, FM Radio is not working, bluetooth is not working for everyone, and there are updates coming out too often. Not everyone wants to flash their phone once per week, risk of bricking is never zero no matter what you do.

Guest Siamoen
Because it still has some bugs and some features missing. Stuff that perhaps some don not use, but others do. For example, FM Radio is not working, bluetooth is not working for everyone, and there are updates coming out too often. Not everyone wants to flash their phone once per week, risk of bricking is never zero no matter what you do.

Totally agree, when froyo is completed, I'm swithing to it right away. Till it happend I need stable full featured version with atleast weak app2sd.

Guest azzronulation

Hello. I've installed the app2sd and checked and it IS working. just to check do I have to UN install all of the apps and RE install them?

Thanks ;)

Guest markisioful

I did every step corectly ..... but when I lounch autorootapp2sd i chouse english ..... and every comand I do (r ... 1....2.....3.....4......) do nothing .....

I am usig official v20b firmfare ....

What I am doing wrong ...... could u please hellp me .......

Edited by markisioful

Guest Corrupt Systems

I love app2sd Option 1. I now have LOADS of apps on my phone and I've still got 70mb left on the internal storage.

Big thanks to the coders that made this possible.

Guest Pavic124

Doesn't work for me either.

says adp isn't an internal windows command or something and proceeds to do nothing. I'm still running 1.6 (cannot upgrade, it's a nightmare) from Belgium 10b.

I'm actually trying to do all of this from virtualbox inside linux (does it matter?)

Clues, anybody?

Guest Siamoen
Just thought I'd mention,

DO NOT TAKE OUT THE MICROSD AND THEN TURN ON THE PHONE, THIS CAUSES 90% OF APPS TO CEASE FUNCTIONING, AND CONSTANTLY "FORCE CLOSE".

I learnt this the hard way and had to reinstall EVERY single app!!! :lol:

Successfully used app2sd with cache. Worked great for a day or two. Installed bunch of apps without any problems. Only one app force close and can't be used with app2sd - arcMedia (try it yourself). Was happy, but yesterday night my phone got self-restarted. In the morning I noticed, that apps doesn't have their icons but default android one. Widgets from installed apps keep sayin' loading... Restarted phone, icons ok but everything still forced to close. I needed to reinstall every single app. And guess what? Today it happend again, every single app it's gone and need to be reinstalled. Any solution to this?

GT540 ROM: Europe 2_0B = Eclair 2.1 + rooted + SD 32GB class 4

I'm going to try link2sd, app2sd is too unreliable. My suggestion is, that probably moving dalvik cache to sd may cause the problem when there's temporary card error. I can't imagine how apps can be broken.

Guest isaacex
I love app2sd Option 1. I now have LOADS of apps on my phone and I've still got 70mb left on the internal storage.

Big thanks to the coders that made this possible.

can u tell me your steps?

do we need to root first? the title said that it works for non root phone

Guest Siamoen

Manually tried simpliest version of app2sd, only app dir moved to sd, nothing else. After half day phone restarted itself and apps are gone again! :-(

Anyone who has it succesfully longterm working can post his config please? ROM, SDCard cap+class+manufacturer

I'm desperate here...

Guest rocky7012

did option 1 but after a day my phone began to run slowly and became unstable..sometimes it reboots by itself and seem to be stuck on the android screen and sometimes apps just force closes and needs to be reinstalled...I'll jst have to wait for cyanogen to be complete and free from bugs then i'm upgrading.....

Guest rocky7012

why is it that after i installed this apps2sd i always have notifications "sd card unexpectedly removed" every once in a while and then evrything gets messed up...whats the problem??

• 1 month later...
Guest skinnypupp
the batchfile says

what did i wrong?

edit:

it says

mount: Invalid argument

Unable to mount ext2

*********************app2sd finished**************************

"You need to restart your phone"

I have this problem too. Anyone?

EDIT: When you turn on USB Mass Storage, it disables USB Debugging, so you have to re-enable it................

Edited by skinnypupp

• 1 month later...
Guest matthewjnha

i have tried to open the autorootapp2sd.bat but the message says that the application is not available. anyone knows how to solve this problem?

• 2 months later...
Guest FrozenFlame

Hi,

I have installed app2sd on my phone, however my phone started to hang very frequently and has acore not responding messages every few seconds. I removed app2sd and it went back to normal. Am I the only 1 facing this issue?