Htc Sense 2018 ROMs by Speedfrog

Guest Speedfrog

Guest speedfrog
Thanks for the follow up speedfrog.

I would like to use the default WM messagaing, but how? When I try to create a new message from WM messaging, it opens the samsung skin.

* You can disable the Samsung skinned sms and SMS sent notification:

Go To: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > SMSText

Change: DLL value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

Soft reset and then

Go To: HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > Settings

Change: MMSNoSentMsg name to SMSNoSentMsg (just in case you have it)

Change: SMSNoSentMsg value to 1

Soft Reset

Guest bobhero

TY speedfrog I will try.

I have just discovered that my phone will not vibrate on incomming call. I have set the phone to vibrate only (hold volume down button), and I have also tried changing to "vibrate+ring" in sound notifications. The vibrator motor works otherwise when booting up for example.

Can anyone else confirm if they have this issue with latest sense rom?

If it matters, I installed the je1 samsung dialer.

Also, when I try to install Office 2010, the install fails every time. I tried installing from Marketplace and from this cab.

Edit:

This version of Office 2010 installs fine.

Edit, I tested that version above and even though it installs, some things aren't working right, for instance you can't view the options in word.

Anyone have a good version of office 2010?

Edited by bobhero

Guest turnado1979

Dear SpeedFrog

I flashed my phone with your new JJ1 but i come back to the JH1 i found it is more stable, faster, less memory drain.

but again I'm thanking you for your work

by the way my problem of S3clock has been solved, suddenly the program worked and i don't know any reason but it is working!!

i have a question out of the subject as my Omnia II has a password on the mobile tracker and i don't know how to unlock it (i have tried the common passwords but not useful) any idea from you pls...

Edited by turnado1979

Guest speedfrog
Anyone have a good version of office 2010?

http://rapidshare.com/files/400490562/Office_Mobile_2010.cab

by the way my problem of S3clock has been solved, suddenly the program worked and i don't know any reason but it is working!!

i have a question out of the subject as my Omnia II has a password on the mobile tracker and i don't know how to unlock it (i have tried the common passwords but not useful) any idea from you pls...

nice to hear that it worked :)

About the mobile tracker i have never used it so i dont know, what is it actually? ;)

not find any cab that walks the camera ... megalite use the rom .. anyone found any? those recommended are not going out to have problems signing

----------------------------------------------------------

I translated mui files to the rom to Spanish, but I changed the menu of windows ... be possible to upload a sense versions in Spanish? the truth is a show the rom, you work a wonder ...

Thanks .. Greetings

Edited by manu81

Guest speedfrog
not find any cab that walks the camera ... megalite use the rom .. anyone found any? those recommended are not going out to have problems signing

----------------------------------------------------------

I translated mui files to the rom to Spanish, but I changed the menu of windows ... be possible to upload a sense versions in Spanish? the truth is a show the rom, you work a wonder ...

Thanks .. Greetings

cab for camera here post 2

you can not change the rom into spanish language (because i used a english rom dump and it can not be in any other languages then) and i will not make a spanish rom.

you havent posted more than one post in almost 4 years :)

cab for camera here post 2

you can not change the rom into spanish language (because i used a english rom dump and it can not be in any other languages then) and i will not make a spanish rom.

you havent posted more than one post in almost 4 years :)

so is, I am not posting but reading. Seeing wonderful job taking the dare to write.

Also thank you very much for your help, do so

Greetings

Guest bobhero
new JJ1 roms in the first post :)

Thank you! currently testing...

I find that my lack of vibration issue is gone, yay!. Oddly though, at first the phone would ONLY vibrate and NOT ring even though the sound settings were correct. I changed the ring tone, and now it rigns out loud. Although it also vibrates, even though it is set to only "ring" not "ring+vibrate". weird.

Another quirk, on 2nd boot, my phone showed up as ROAMING, which is impossible for my location, I did a soft reset and it corrected. Odd.

It is possible to disable HTC Menu enhancement from showing up in sense with registry tweak? I find it laggy...

So far so good ;)

Edited by bobhero

Guest bobhero

Thanks for the office cab, but even though it installs, it suffers from the same problem as the first cab I post; it is not possible to select certain features from the menu such as in excel "find and replace", or the "about" dialog.

Just to make sure I'm not nuts, I pulled out my old HTC Fuze with Office 2010 installed and the same functions indeed work. It is using version 14.0000.28244 cooked in.

Edited by bobhero

Guest speedfrog
Thank you! currently testing...

I find that my lack of vibration issue is gone, yay!. Oddly though, at first the phone would ONLY vibrate and NOT ring even though the sound settings were correct. I changed the ring tone, and now it rigns out loud. Although it also vibrates, even though it is set to only "ring" not "ring+vibrate". weird.

Another quirk, on 2nd boot, my phone showed up as ROAMING, which is impossible for my location, I did a soft reset and it corrected. Odd.

It is possible to disable HTC Menu enhancement from showing up in sense with registry tweak? I find it laggy...

So far so good :)

i think the problem is with htc dialer since its not made by samsung and not meant for the device (the same as sense)

about the menu, do you mean when you are pressing "menu" on the homescreen? if so it will be faster if you use S3CLOCK.

but you can install keyswap " KeySwop is a simple tool for you to remap the softkeys on the today screen." if you want to remove it try to search for it, i didnt find any.

Thanks for the office cab, but even though it installs, it suffers from the same problem as the first cab I post; it is not possible to select certain features from the menu such as in excel "find and replace", or the "about" dialog.

Just to make sure I'm not nuts, I pulled out my old HTC Fuze with Office 2010 installed and the same functions indeed work. It is using version 14.0000.28244 cooked in.

hmm thats odd. but anyway im not using office on my phone, its much better on the PC.

Guest bobhero

Yes I will try to find a working cab and post it....

On another matter, I use AEButton+ to configure program shortcuts to the hardware keys. I want to map a button to open the WM text messaging window. I coped over the "text" shortcut from another ROM that is usually in the start menu. The paramaters are 19#:MSINBOX -service "SMS"

When I click the "text" shortcut from the menu it opens directly to the WM text messaging window. But when I assign the same shortcut to a key with AEB, it gives the error "Error starting :MSINBOX". All other shortcuts work fine with AEB. Do you have any idea how I might fix this? Is tehre another way I can open WM text messaging without the text.lnk ?

I have attached the text.lnk file

Text.zip

Edited by bobhero

Guest bobhero

I figured it out!

"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS"

I made a shortcut to and assigned it to the key, works perfectly now, 1 press and I have txt messaging open!

Also, could you please include that text.lnk in the start menu for the next ROM.

Here are some screens of my home screen with black theme applied + some other sense mod cabs, one of the left is from Dec 14 ROM, and right is Dec 16.

post-795914-1292539218_thumb.png

post-795914-1292539227_thumb.png

Edited by bobhero

Guest bobhero

Speedfrog, can you please tell me where the black Theme you included came from? I like this black theme very much, more so than the 3 others I have tried. My only problem is that when I enable threaded SMS the background is not black. Do you have any idea how I can edit this ?

I made another post with more info and screenshots here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1519757

Thank you!

Guest bobhero
i have the JE2 version (black theme), http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=67231

how did you get the clock as you have it in the first screenshot?

about the Office problem :)

i will post the cab for the no clock when i get back to my pc.

by the way, i tested a stock 6.5 rom and it had the dark skinned samsung keyboard. would you be willing to switch to it in the next rom maybe?

Guest speedfrog

hmm in all 6.5.3 roms i have tried it had a black keyboard and in the 6.5 version it had a white keyboard. i used the JJ1 keypad (6.5)

but how do i change the skin?

which stock rom did you test?

Guest bobhero
hmm in all 6.5.3 roms i have tried it had a black keyboard and in the 6.5 version it had a white keyboard. i used the JJ1 keypad (6.5)

but how do i change the skin?

which stock rom did you test?

The stock ROM is from Bell Canada and shipped on my device: I8000LUGIJ6

Not sure how to just change the samsung skin?

Guest speedfrog

thanks, but after i have installed all cab files and made a reset every time it says so, the numbers are not turning white, they are still black :)

24 hour clock: ------------------------------------12 hour clock:

post-608080-1292625737_thumb.png---------- post-608080-1292625733_thumb.png

megalite rom installed and I can not install any of the cab of the camera and recommend ... I get some file missing or are not signed. The same happens with FMRadio. Be a problem of the rom? Sorry for my English

Guest bobhero
when i install it, i got the same as you have on the second screenshot on post 239.

in which order did you install them? i install them as you said it.

I can't remember the order, it was very convoluted. I would install one, then softreset, then install another softrest, then uninstall one, then install 3rd one, then uninstall 2nd one, and somehow it ended up that way.