Pulse is annoying me now!

Guest TGWS

Okay, so my pulse's usb went abit dodgey about a week ago, couldnt seem to get it charging.

Now it chargers, but only when i dont have it in my hand

If i have it in my hand, it dont charge, if i put it down on anything, it starts charging?

It's really annoying me

Anyone else had this problem?

sounds as if your pulse's usb socket is dying. some pulses do seem to have a fragile usb socket. a bloke posted about it today here http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...-after-2-weeks/

maybe you should consider opening it up and shoring up the socket with superglue, tape, cardboard or whatever comes to mind?

I really cant be bothered, Props get a BlackBerry for Christmas anyway, So i will just use this for other things like apps and games.

Will stick around on these forums though, as people have helped me out so much, so i will contribute my knowledge to others and stuff.

+ BlackBerry forums, i don't think they will be as popular as this one so :P

Guest meinnit

I would recommend buying an official Blackberry MicroUSB cable (ASY-18683-001) from ebay. It doesn't have the strong locking teeth that requires a bit of a tug to remove the cable from the phone. This won't put as much stain on the USB port when removing.

Guest JimJam707
I really cant be bothered, Props get a BlackBerry for Christmas anyway, So i will just use this for other things like apps and games.

Will stick around on these forums though, as people have helped me out so much, so i will contribute my knowledge to others and stuff.

+ BlackBerry forums, i don't think they will be as popular as this one so :P

And I'm not on any blackberry forums :D

I'm exclusive to here :D

Then again, I'm also on tons of over websites so, meh.

You get my point :P

Think yourself lucky. I yanked mine across my bed while it was charging once and now it only charges when I have the top of the phone suspended in mid air, with the cable propped up on something. It's lasted a good few months in this way though so it's not all bad. Also I bought a cheap unofficial charger from ebay and that charges normally, even when holding it. Scared to use though in case its bigger size causes the official charger to stop working

Guest DanWilson
And I'm not on any blackberry forums :D

I'm exclusive to here :P

Then again, I'm also on tons of over websites so, meh.

You get my point :P

Yeah, like he's going to stay for you :D

Everyone loves Dan. And I'm exclusive. More exclusiver than you.

Think yourself lucky. I yanked mine across my bed while it was charging once and now it only charges when I have the top of the phone suspended in mid air, with the cable propped up on something. It's lasted a good few months in this way though so it's not all bad. Also I bought a cheap unofficial charger from ebay and that charges normally, even when holding it. Scared to use though in case its bigger size causes the official charger to stop working

+1

Plus, it is not necessary to buy a charger, it is enough to buy a good quality microUSB-USB cable. It is typically the problem of the cable, the Pulse one is very bad quality.