Can't root my Nexus

Guest udar_molota

Guest udar_molota

I have r24 WIP on my Nexus. I wanted to install finally r24 yesterday, so I opened Titanium Backup and wanted to backup apps and settings, but found that I have no superuser premissions.

So I tried to root my phone: downloaded 1.0-FRG83-nexusone-superboot and run install-superboot-windows.bat when was in Bootloader mode. After that my phone was restarted by itself and about 40 minutes showing Booting animation, no progress after that. I tried it several times. I can restore nandroid backup that I did before, but no superuser.

Maybe I took wrong superbut image, and I need something different than FRG83, but in "About" screen I didn't find nothing, it says that I have Desire phone. Or I'm looking for it in wrong place.

Maybe somebody can help me to root my phone?

Edited by udar_molota

Guest stevenz
I have r24 WIP on my Nexus. I wanted to install finally r24 yesterday, so I opened Titanium Backup and wanted to backup apps and settings, but found that I have no superuser premissions.

So I tried to root my phone: downloaded 1.0-FRG83-nexusone-superboot and run install-superboot-windows.bat when was in Bootloader mode. After that my phone was restarted by itself and about 40 minutes showing Booting animation, no progress after that. I tried it several times. I can restore nandroid backup that I did before, but no superuser.

Maybe I took wrong superbut image, and I need something different than FRG83, but in "About" screen I didn't find nothing, it says that I have Desire phone. Or I'm looking for it in wrong place.

Maybe somebody can help me to root my phone?

What happens if you access an adb shell and use the su command? Is the prompt a $ or a #?

If you can still boot into recovery, then try flashing pretty much ANY custom ROM (they're all rooted) and that should fix it anyway. If your recovery is fried then you've got bigger problems.

Guest udar_molota
What happens if you access an adb shell and use the su command? Is the prompt a $ or a #?

If you can still boot into recovery, then try flashing pretty much ANY custom ROM (they're all rooted) and that should fix it anyway. If your recovery is fried then you've got bigger problems.

I tried the second, it helped. First I didn't understand :)

thanx