It's arrive but now i'm confused :/

Guest awarner

Guest awarner

Yeah it's arrived :P and now how do I get the bloody thing to work?

Seriously though, SIM card is saying invalid (Iknow it can take time for the card to be activated) but thought I would try SIM unlocking it, but where do you enter the unlock code etc?

EDIT ok I'm an idiot, in my excitement I put the SIM in unsidedown lol

This is still an issue for now

Also on a WiFi setup how do you view the mac address? I've earched all over and seem to be missing it which is not a good sign for me.

Apart from that it's a lovely device and very fast and responsive, Live works a treat as well.

Guest awarner

Right a few issues so far,

No MSN live chat as standard, go to friends tile and you can only contact via email no live chat.

Xbox live avatar is not animated and when you try to edit it it sends you to the live site where you create a new one.

Some of the downloaded apps do not appear to work properly, like Youtube, page loads but crashes when tries to play a video.

Guest WhiteHartMart

1. Messenger app is on the Marketplace

2. Xbox Live Extras app adds more functionality to Xbox Live & avatar inc customisation. The app has been withdrawn at the moment as it didn't work on the majority of HTC devices?? I've read the update is in certification so the app should be back soon.

3. Not sure about the YouTube issue - never had problems on my HD7 nor on my current Omnia 7?

Hope the first 2 answers help at least :P

Guest VulakAerr
Cheers, I found the MSN app yesterday but it should really have been included as it would round off the People tile nicely.

I'm rather hoping when the official MSN app arrives it includes the Facebook chat functionality the desktop client currently employs.

Also, I trust you've found the Xbox Live Extras app now?

Guest awarner

Yep installed the Extra last night. Interstingly though, all the demos I saw appeared to have the animation on the main Live page and not have to load the Extra app.

I'm guessing because the issues with making it compatible with the HD7 the loading of Extra became needed.