Ideos X6 and X5

Guest TaiwanCHT8k

@TaiwanCHT8k Well considering they did release an official 2.1 rom for a 1.5 first gen device i would give them the benefit of the doubt. The X5 does indeed look promising if priced right :P

Guest DanWilson

How can you think the X5 looks better? It's fugly!

X6 looks good, but I wouldn't ever touch a Huawei phone again. No official support, and that means we need to look out for each other. Which isn't all bad, but we should at least get paid! :P

Guest spanner44

I don't think they look too bad, and would consider one if the price was right, although I hope that they have improved the camera because i can't seem to take much at all with mine, which is a shame as overall I don't think the pulse is that bad.

X6 is pig ugly put the X5 would be worth a look if the spec and price is right.

X6

The 10mm thin Huawei IDEOS X6 also features a 5 megapixel autofocus snapper with LED flash and 720p HD video recording, a built-in GPS receiver, HDMI and microUSB ports as well as support for HSPA, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The device should show up in January 2011 in Hong Kong first but worldwide availability should follow soon after that. Unfortunately, "not too expensive" is all we know about the price at this stage.

X5

The cheaper Huawei IDEOS X5 will too serve Froyo and will be equipped with a bit smaller, 3.8-inch touchscreen. Like the X6, the X5 will offer all-you-can-eat connectivity (including support for HSPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and an inbuilt GPS receiver) and, a 5MP snapper.

Anyway. I would rather the X6, it looks better and may cost more, but seems alot better.

Guest add.thebad

These are currently on sale in the Philippines on cherry mobile and the price converts to £280 for the x6

If it is brought to the UK at that price i think it will be too much and wont manage to be the second pulse although it looks like the x5 is the lower end phone and that will replace the pulse

apparently that will be brought to market by then end of the year but that seems optimistic to me

still i was going to buy a San Francisco might hold out for one of these

• 6 months later...
Guest Darkrose1987
These are currently on sale in the Philippines on cherry mobile and the price converts to £280 for the x6

If it is brought to the UK at that price i think it will be too much and wont manage to be the second pulse although it looks like the x5 is the lower end phone and that will replace the pulse

apparently that will be brought to market by then end of the year but that seems optimistic to me

still i was going to buy a San Francisco might hold out for one of these

You can buy them on ebay at 169.99 unlocked :unsure: they look good.

• 3 weeks later...