Does Android have...

Guest Echo30

Hey all,

While I eagerly yet patiently wait for almar and Sandor's epic genius of porting Android over to the Omnia 2, I wanted to ask some questions about Android as I've ever only used Windows Mobile.

1) How is Android's exchange email?

I need my phone for work, does it have the equivelant of Outlook Mobile? Can you do the usual things like open attachements, attach files, search company directory, etc?

-edit-

I've read about this app called TouchDown, and it seems to be the standard exchange active-sync. Anyone have experience with this? Does native Android have an exchance service?

2) Does Android have an Office-type suite?

Specifically for Word and Excel documents

If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to afford an Android device for a long while, so I'm completely and utterly pumped to switch over. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by Echo30

Guest add.thebad
Hey all,

While I eagerly yet patiently wait for almar and Sandor's epic genius of porting Android over to the Omnia 2, I wanted to ask some questions about Android as I've ever only used Windows Mobile.

1) How is Android's exchange email?

I need my phone for work, does it have the equivelant of Outlook Mobile? Can you do the usual things like open attachements, attach files, search company directory, etc?

-edit-

I've read about this app called TouchDown, and it seems to be the standard exchange active-sync. Anyone have experience with this? Does native Android have an exchance service?

2) Does Android have an Office-type suite?

Specifically for Word and Excel documents

If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to afford an Android device for a long while, so I'm completely and utterly pumped to switch over. Thanks in advance for any replies.

1 - yes works nicely and im sure their are lots more apps for it and attachments work

2 - yes app called docs to go or use google docs online

hope it helps