ROM Manager Problem

Guest Casterina

Guest Casterina

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery which i donwloaded from the Market, but i get a error saying that i must root my phone for ROM manager to function. when i press the Flash ClockworkMod recovery it says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

Can someone help resolve this issue because i really would like to install a Custom ROM.

Thanks for reading

x

Guest JohnPorter
Hey guys,

I'm trying to install the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery which i donwloaded from the Market, but i get a error saying that i must root my phone for ROM manager to function. when i press the Flash ClockworkMod recovery it says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

Can someone help resolve this issue because i really would like to install a Custom ROM.

Thanks for reading

x

The problem is your phone is not rooted.

See The Ultimate Pulse Guide for info on how to do this, well tell you how to root your phone and install a custom rom.

Edited by JohnPorter

Guest JohnPorter
So do i.. root my phone before i use Flash ClockworkMod?

Easiest way (I did it this way) was to install Amon RA, follow the instructions in the link and that will install the recovery image and root your phone.

After you have done that, you can either install ROM Manager and install Clockwork recovery from there or under the previous should be instructions on how to install Clockwork manually.

Easiest way (I did it this way) was to install Amon RA, follow the instructions in the link and that will install the recovery image and root your phone.

After you have done that, you can either install ROM Manager and install Clockwork recovery from there or under the previous should be instructions on how to install Clockwork manually.

I have same as problem, but my phone rooted, of course.

Im not able to fix permission becouse I get "An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands!"

Edited by gonye

Guest JohnPorter
I have same as problem, but my phone rooted, of course.

Im not able to fix permission becouse I get "An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands!"

What ROM are you using? That is a known problem with FLB 1.7 I believe, it's not to worry about to be honest.

What ROM are you using? That is a known problem with FLB 1.7 I believe, it's not to worry about to be honest.

At the moment I'm using DMC-ROM 2.1r9 (http://logout.hu/bejegyzes/impalaman/t-mobile_pulse_dmc-rom_2_1r9/hsz_1-50.html).

This is an FLB based ROM from an Hungarian developer with english language support.

Yes, it's no problem for myself, becouse hasn't FC in this Rom. (Don't need to make Fix Permissions.)

Guest skandigraun

If you did a backup of your rooted rom with nandroid from amonra, and have restored it, then the root access is lost, a reinstall of the rom is needed afaik to get back the root access. It is a known bug, i do not know if it has been fixed. It is not present if you do the backup from rom manager with clockwork.