newb questions about u8230

Guest suriya83

Guest suriya83

Hi there i'm new here and i'm going to buy a u8230 for my father. i wanted to know if there is multitouch with any of the custom ROMs and if it has 128 or 256 mb of RAM? if it has 128 isn't it too laggy in daily use? thanks in advance,

Claudio

Guest suriya83
U8230 = 256 MB RAM.

No multitouch yet, but the capacitive screen makes it really easy to text, send emails, etc...

sounds cool. couse i found it for 90€ new on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.at/Huawei-U8230-A1-gelockt...d#ht_696wt_1139

i think it is worth it? and can i run the same ROM that are for the 8220 like CM6? that would be amazing!

Thanks again

U8230 = 256 MB RAM.

No multitouch yet, but the capacitive screen makes it really easy to text, send emails, etc...

That will depend on the market the phone is sold in.

My understanding is that both the U8220 and U8230 are avilable with different specifications. The U8230 that was released in France soon after the Pulse (U8220) in the UK as far as I know has the same specs as the Pulse (small nand, 128MB RAM).

The U8230 that has recently been released here has larger nand and I believe 256MB RAM (I havent played with on myself).

Here is the U8230 being sold in Australia (pricing is a bit crazy here, so much for the AUD being worth something).

Out of the box the 128MB ram version is slow, but with the right rom it can be very usable.