Protected Market Apps?

Guest magritte

Guest magritte

I'm running the latest stock leak of Froyo on my Liquid E. There are a number of market apps that don't show up. From one of the developers,

"Our app uses Google's protection feature, as do about 30% of all apps. One side effect is that we do not show up in Android Market on a phone until Google has added that phone (and firmware version) to their approved database."

Although, I believe these didn't show up with the official 2.1 firmware either.

Is there a way around this? If so, can someone point me to instructions on how to do it or if there is a modified ROM that takes care of it automatically?

Thanks!

Guest Koki1337
I'm running the latest stock leak of Froyo on my Liquid E. There are a number of market apps that don't show up. From one of the developers,

"Our app uses Google's protection feature, as do about 30% of all apps. One side effect is that we do not show up in Android Market on a phone until Google has added that phone (and firmware version) to their approved database."

Although, I believe these didn't show up with the official 2.1 firmware either.

Is there a way around this? If so, can someone point me to instructions on how to do it or if there is a modified ROM that takes care of it automatically?

Thanks!

Your answer is the unlocked market

Guest Andy__P

I have the same problem but if i unlock the market with recovery (or edit build.prop myself) the apps show up on the market but i can't install them. (for example pure calendar widget(agenda)) is there anything i missed?

Well i asked this a few times already but never got a response.

Guest Dario93
I have the same problem but if i unlock the market with recovery (or edit build.prop myself) the apps show up on the market but i can't install them. (for example pure calendar widget(agenda)) is there anything i missed?

Well i asked this a few times already but never got a response.

All the apps!? So strange.. but i will ask,i'll give you an aswer asap!

Guest Andy__P
All the apps!? So strange.. but i will ask,i'll give you an aswer asap!

well i only really tried pure calendar because thats the most important to me.

when i click install it says validating purchase (or something) then downloading then download unsuccessful and it stops.

it worked on the xians first cm rom (that's when i bought it) but it never worked on any froyo leak

Guest Koki1337
well i only really tried pure calendar because thats the most important to me.

when i click install it says validating purchase (or something) then downloading then download unsuccessful and it stops.

it worked on the xians first cm rom (that's when i bought it) but it never worked on any froyo leak

There's always *cough*

Guest magritte
Correct :) Unlock it with Malez Recovery 0.6 ,under "Other" in main menu,selecting "Unlock Market (android 2.2) :)

I got around to installing Malez Recovery 0.6 and unlocked the market but none of the apps I was looking for showed up. Eg. Search for Picsel and you should find the Picsel office suite but it's missing. Thinkfree office suite (not viewer) is also missing. Navigon, etc. I followed the instructions as best I understood them (reboot, set time to 11:59pm, wait 3 minutes, then load market before restoring correct time). This didn't help.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!

Guest Dario93
I got around to installing Malez Recovery 0.6 and unlocked the market but none of the apps I was looking for showed up. Eg. Search for Picsel and you should find the Picsel office suite but it's missing. Thinkfree office suite (not viewer) is also missing. Navigon, etc. I followed the instructions as best I understood them (reboot, set time to 11:59pm, wait 3 minutes, then load market before restoring correct time). This didn't help.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!

You can try the market patch by joos. You can find it in his Rom post or in my froyo Rom post :)

Guest magritte
You can try the market patch by joos. You can find it in his Rom post or in my froyo Rom post :)

That didn't work either... However, I installed the LCR-F 1.1 ROM and the market now works for all apps! What is different about LCR's market vs. unlocked or patched stock market?

Thanks.

Guest Andy__P

Yea for me market works now on vache's Desire Rom lol.

But there i can't use the scrollable Pure calendar on the sens launcher. On the other hand i have the sense calendar now:)