2.2 Alpha 1(Froyo) ROM - Features and Workarounds

Guest StevenHarperUK

I just tried this - it downloaded successfully but then told me it was an "incompatible update"

Odd.

I got an 'installation unsuccessful' error before uninstalling with titanium and also after uninstalling but before rebooting.

did you use titanium for the uninstall?

Odd.

I got an 'installation unsuccessful' error before uninstalling with titanium and also after uninstalling but before rebooting.

did you use titanium for the uninstall?

Ignore me - I was being a Muppet !

I forgot to reboot between uninstalling with Titanium and installing the version from the market.

It's all working ok now.

Thanks for the tip!

Have done a search, but couldn't find a straight forward answer for this one...

I've got the 2.2 ROM on and it's working a treat, thanks for all the hard work!

I'd love to permanently change the resolution to 240 - I've been using lcd density which works well, but bugs me after each re-start!

Stupid question but when I plug my phone in (on a mac) and open terminal, what exactly do I type to navigate to the adb build.prop file alteration?

Edited by alpsp

Is there no way to switch or re-install the dialer that eats up the battery?

Actually, my Dialer issue is now gone. I dont know what i have done, but there is hope for a fix at least.

The battery screen now says:

11h since unplugged

Android System 88%

Cell standby 5%

Phone idle 4%

WLAN 3%

Still have 79% battery left

Guest southeastblue
Actually, my Dialer issue is now gone. I dont know what i have done, but there is hope for a fix at least.

11h since unplugged

Android System 88%

Cell standby 5%

Phone idle 4%

WLAN 3%

This is the same for me also, no dialler on the battery % screen either. I'm using the Gforums version though if that makes any difference.

Guest tcpaulh
Can someone who has gps and a-gps defintiely working please paste up the contents of the gps.conf file. thanks.

I'm also wondering if anyone can confirm a workaround to get AGPS working

Guest sulligogs

11h since unplugged

Android System 88%

Cell standby 5%

Phone idle 4%

WLAN 3%

Believe it or not, I think I have discovered the "fix" for the Dialer showing loads of battery usage.

I only just flashed the phone again a couple of days ago and today I noticed that too, my battery usage had gone back to just showing "Android System".

After retracing my steps I did a final thing after everything else failed - I charged my phone to 100% :)

Taking it off charge the dreaded Dialer had vanished from the battery stats!

Can anybody else confirm?

Guest popoyaya
Believe it or not, I think I have discovered the "fix" for the Dialer showing loads of battery usage.

I only just flashed the phone again a couple of days ago and today I noticed that too, my battery usage had gone back to just showing "Android System".

After retracing my steps I did a final thing after everything else failed - I charged my phone to 100% :)

Taking it off charge the dreaded Dialer had vanished from the battery stats!

Can anybody else confirm?

nope. charged fully, unplugged, let it run a while, dialler back to 96%

Guest stup9togo

Mine is the same.

Tried calibrating battery, installing chompsms (read somewhere that the froyo messaging software could cause battery issues).

One thing i did notice is thate i have 2 dialer apps running. Is this normal?

Guest southeastblue

Not sure how, but my dialler has vanished from the battery screen and even after resetting the device in settings it hasn't returned either.

Can't be sure how I got rid of it mind.

No

Just wait for a 2.2 Alpha 2 ROM

This is something that I'm looking forward to. It was a lot of fuss about ZTE releasing the 2.1 source. But since I have only seen on kernel with overklocking capabilities being released. Will this source do anything for the 2.2 or is it still the same leaked source that is being used?

The ZTE V880 for the Chinese market has that been released and is the source available? Or is there any ETA for this?

What will be new and improved in the Alpha 2?

Guest stup9togo
Not sure how, but my dialler has vanished from the battery screen and even after resetting the device in settings it hasn't returned either.

I've read that a few times on different threads. Weird Eh? Can you check Task manager to see if you have 2 dialer processes running?

Cheers

Guest schkinx
Mine is the same.

Tried calibrating battery, installing chompsms (read somewhere that the froyo messaging software could cause battery issues).

One thing i did notice is thate i have 2 dialer apps running. Is this normal?

I had the same issue ( 2 diallers running ) , couldn't figure out how to stop them either . I did read somewhere about the Chinese Rom dialling home , but i think the offending article was supposed to have been removed or killed off in the Other 2.2 rom . maybe it wasn't removed in this one and its still trying to dial home , but since it cant make the connection its constantly trying and failing and therefore always running in the background ??

Edited by schkinx

Guest bugeyes

what kind of battery life are you getting? be interesting to compare!

Guest nellster
Well this one had Android 2.2 so I am hoping that we will get Froyo soon...

Looks the same but different specs for the camera.

"The Libreo 003Z comes with a 3.5” WVGA screen, a 600MHz MSN7227 CPU, a 5Mpix Camera, GPS, Wi-Fi, HSDPA, Bluetooth for a total weight of 110g and a size of 114×57x12.7mm."

Guest dadashi

what's the point of 5MP sensor in the camera? It's not going to make any difference to picture quality and the videos...

how much does the Japanese version cost?

can we use the 2.2 ROM on ours?

Edited by dadashi

Guest oh!dougal
probably a useless link , but here you are :rolleyes:

Japanese blade

is this another rebadged version ??

and a quick video on youtube ..

youtube vid

I pointed Google Translate at that Softbank page, and one thing that did seem to come through is

Mid December Release expected

Patience, friends!

Guest StevenHarperUK
the only stat showing on mine when i look at battery usage is the dialer and it still shows 98%

shouldnt it show other stuff?

Yes it should, unless the all round down to less than 1%

Have you looked at the battery stats in "Spare Parts", maybe you get more in there.