2.2 Alpha 1(Froyo) ROM - Features and Workarounds

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest dragon2611
Can somebody take a look at these?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=710

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=73

I think we might have the same problem with network location.

I think it will need someone who knows how to compile from source for the Blade and has the 2.2 sourcecode with any ZTE libs/drivers.

Guest mancterrier

Hi bought a blade last week as a backup to my dell streak. Running djsteves alpha 2.2 which is working great . However everytime I leave my phone idle for a few minutes then pick it back up my wifie seems to die. Its connected but nothing loads. Also my data enabled setting unticks itself. Pretty annoying as I'm having to reboot the wifi everytime. Is this a blade problem or just this rom and has anyone else had the same/been able to fix it?

Guest dragon2611
Hi bought a blade last week as a backup to my dell streak. Running djsteves alpha 2.2 which is working great . However everytime I leave my phone idle for a few minutes then pick it back up my wifie seems to die. Its connected but nothing loads. Also my data enabled setting unticks itself. Pretty annoying as I'm having to reboot the wifi everytime. Is this a blade problem or just this rom and has anyone else had the same/been able to fix it?

I've had it not connect to the wi-fi before after sleeping but I can't see i've seen data disable by itself. :rolleyes:

Guest mancterrier
I've had it not connect to the wi-fi before after sleeping but I can't see i've seen data disable by itself. :rolleyes:

Yeah keeps doing it. Go into settings next time your wifi fails after sleeping and mines unchecked...

Guest oh!dougal
... However everytime I leave my phone idle for a few minutes then pick it back up my wifie seems to die. Its connected but nothing loads. ... Pretty annoying as I'm having to reboot the wifi everytime. Is this a blade problem or just this rom and has anyone else had the same/been able to fix it?

There are plural threads relating to wifi.

A few things you oughtta know -

There are some routers the SF simply doesn't seem to like. Only way to reconnect is reboot the router. (Example DG834G v5)

Mostly, for others, if there is an occasional reconnection problem, its fixed by a manual wifi off then on again. If that works for you, there are apps that will automate the off/on.

But, it should help to understand that when the phone sleeps, wifi goes off. But the phone never sleeps on usb/charger (only the screen goes off and locks). And there are other ways of keeping it awake, such as the App MyLock. So the Advanced WiFi setting "WiFi Sleep Policy: Never" can keep wifi 'up' -- but only as long as you (by one means or another) prevent the phone from properly sleeping (and you stay in range).

These issues seem to be in all ZTE software so far. They have not yet released the source for the wifi software. Or accepted the reality of the issues. Yet.

Guest mancterrier
There are plural threads relating to wifi.

A few things you oughtta know -

There are some routers the SF simply doesn't seem to like. Only way to reconnect is reboot the router. (Example DG834G v5)

Mostly, for others, if there is an occasional reconnection problem, its fixed by a manual wifi off then on again. If that works for you, there are apps that will automate the off/on.

But, it should help to understand that when the phone sleeps, wifi goes off. But the phone never sleeps on usb/charger (only the screen goes off and locks). And there are other ways of keeping it awake, such as the App MyLock. So the Advanced WiFi setting "WiFi Sleep Policy: Never" can keep wifi 'up' -- but only as long as you (by one means or another) prevent the phone from properly sleeping (and you stay in range).

These issues seem to be in all ZTE software so far. They have not yet released the source for the wifi software. Or accepted the reality of the issues. Yet.

Thanks a lot, thats great

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tidy_Sammy

When I use the lcd density app to change the resolution to 240, it works...but then resets to the old 160 when I put the phone off, does anyone else have this?

Guest StevenHarperUK
When I use the lcd density app to change the resolution to 240, it works...but then resets to the old 160 when I put the phone off, does anyone else have this?

Yes that's standard

I would re-modify the original update.zip and re-flash the rom

Guest Tidy_Sammy
Yes that's standard

I would re-modify the original update.zip and re-flash the rom

Ahh I see, I'm a noob with this stuff so didn't know that, thanks mate B)

Guest StevenHarperUK

Update :

Added dialer wotrkround

The Dialer app doesn't sleep properly and consumes a fair amount of Battery

(see 'settings->about phone->battery use) to see the problem

• Go into Settings

• Go into Sound

• UNCHECK: Turn to mute

Edited by StevenHarperUK