Post your love to the Acer Liquid/E here!

Guest Koki1337

Guest Koki1337

Well as you all can see, there's a lot of new projects going on for this device and I would like to bid my thanks to all devs, vache, koudelka, xian, and phh for all the great stuff you all did to motivate others.

Spread your love to the devs here :P

Guest dan amantea

love the acer liquid, I came from an xperia x10, and I gotta say... this phone runs alot smoother, the added memory is quite a bonus, even though the cpu is clocked a little lower, everything runs faster, because there is enough memory to keep all my day to day apps alive :P solid phone, great battery life, love the form factor as well

Guest Kaleidosc0pe

Have the normal Acer Liquid with Froyo 2.2.

I wouldn't buy it again. Too much plastic for me,i find the display to small and the battery lifetime to bad with activated data.

It's good to have Liquid_User for the Updates. Speed is fine. I have not planned to buy another mobilephone in the future.

Edited by Kaleidosc0pe

Guest Koki1337

Gotta agree with the build quality, too much plastic

Overall the device runs fine on Froyo. Battery life is prolonged with JIT at hand to lift burden on the processor, fixes most of the heat problem too.

My first Android phone, and I seriously have no regrets on getting this hot stuff.

Guest vanisleguy1976

I'm a reformed Crackberry user (8310) and the Liquid E is my first Android device. Comparing this speed demon to the berry is like comparing apples to oranges. (Did I say apples?... Hmm... Gotta be some irony in that statement) I was a little concerned about the plastic at first, but after a couple of drops I'm feeling a bit more confident of its durability. A part of me sort of wishes I'd held out for the metal (but at the time, the metal wasn't even announced, so I can't kick myself too hard)

In regards to apps, the selection is quite mind blowing in comparison to the Blackberry. I love that I'm able to have so many installed and running without bogging down the phone. The interface is spectacular, the screen is big and clear. I'm sort of in love... Ahem. :-P

Edit: I guess there is always bad with the good. Battery and temperature is my only concern.

To sum it up, I'm very satisfied with my phone, and with the community. When it is time to get a new phone, I'm thinking it will take some convincing to go with another brand :-)

Edited by vanisleguy1976

Guest Koki1337
apart from the loose back cover, and the creaks from the buttons and plastic, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

Lol, so it isn't me alone with the loose back cover. Maybe we just opened too many times to take out the battery :P

Too bad though, this Liquid/E doesn't have a slight variation in its accessories' availability.

I am surprised how many the liquid e is out there relative to the A1

Yes, till now there's more A1 than the E.

Guest Morris Lee
Lol, so it isn't me alone with the loose back cover. Maybe we just opened too many times to take out the battery :)

Too bad though, this Liquid/E doesn't have a slight variation in its accessories' availability.

Yes, till now there's more A1 than the E.

Anyone got the silicon case for their liquid? It helps, doesn't creek that bad on itself anyway

The quality of my case was pretty bad, the molded segments are cheap, creates a thin line thay pokes out around the edges, I had to trim it and burn it smooth with a lighter

Guest Koki1337
Anyone got the silicon case for their liquid? It helps, doesn't creek that bad on itself anyway

The quality of my case was pretty bad, the molded segments are cheap, creates a thin line thay pokes out around the edges, I had to trim it and burn it smooth with a lighter

Which one are you using?

Till now, I only found the one sold on ebay, and sadly it's the only silicon case available online (as far as I know)

Guest Koki1337
I use the silicon case from Hong Kong (ebay) it works great. You also have a better feel of the hardware buttons.

Any pictures of the case?

With and without the phone :)

Better if it's 360º

Guest MisfitGeek

Love it. Former phones were Nokias : E51... E52... N97.

Sorry to say for Nokia, but Symbian is reallllly outdated. If you only know Symbian, no real problem but when you switch to Android... Symbian :)

And yes Liquid is a bit too plastic, battery life is as for all smatphones... But I really love it.

And LCR-F is great !!!

Guest Morris Lee

I actually did a bit of modification such as stuffing foam at the bottom so there is no shifting for my case, therefore, it doesn't scratch it between the case and the back of the phone. Added 4 rubber feet at the botton of the case so the bubble level works better and if there is water on the surface where the phone is placed, it is less likely to get soaked in the water/liquid(so much for acer liquid but not liquid proof I am sure haha).

Guest Chewy11

I have the silicon case from eBay from Hong Kong: If you own a Liquid/E: get one. Its the only one I have found.

Anybody got a black one from France(also eBay)...Or knows how to get one...I'd be down for another...seem to remember someone that had both and they said French Black was thicker.(Its unavailable and eBay says only 15 of those where sold)

Strongly recommended Hong Kong one, it comes in 4 colors (pink, blue, clear and gray) (all translucent)I have the Gray. Adds a couple mm to overall size.

BEST PART is that it makes the side buttons work a lot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comes with 2 screen protectors with the speaker cutout and proper top curves, some come with a lanyard, mine did not.

The attachment for lanyard on case looks weak anyway...

Mystery hole in silicon case between volume button and camera.

Protects screen when put down upside down. Prevents dents on case and the phone does not loose back and battery when dropped.

Will add more info if anybody has questions.

Good pics on eBay.

Spreading my LOVE of the Liquid E.

My first Android- first non Nokia ever. Nokia has dropped the ball.

Edited by Chewy11

Guest Morris Lee
I have the silicon case from eBay from Hong Kong: If you own a Liquid/E: get one. Its the only one I have found.

Anybody got a black one from France(also eBay)...Or knows how to get one...I'd be down for another...seem to remember someone that had both and they said French Black was thicker.(Its unavailable and eBay says only 15 of those where sold)

Strongly recommended Hong Kong one, it comes in 4 colors (pink, blue, clear and gray) (all translucent)I have the Gray. Adds a couple mm to overall size.

Comes with 2 screen protectors with the speaker cutout and proper top curves, some come with a lanyard, mine did not.

Protects screen when put down upside down. Prevents dents on case and the phone does not loose back and battery when dropped.

Good pics on eBay.

Wow, that seems like a good deal, mine was like 12 usd and only had the case, I just ordered my screen protectors for 1usd on the 9 th, my friend from acer is sending me an acer lanyard (yes!) I am not going to use the original lanyard hole but going to poke another on the edge

Acer fans, go checkout www.theacerguy.com!!

No one loves my liquid-e more than me. I would not exchange it for an Iphone4 and a Torch. Maybe, I'm lying because I'll exchange it, but sell them to bring back my liquid-e. :) :)

Guest Morris Lee
No one loves my liquid-e more than me. I would not exchange it for an Iphone4 and a Torch. Maybe, I'm lying because I'll exchange it, but sell them to bring back my liquid-e. :) :)

Or keep iphone 4 and run android XD

Guest Koki1337

Good pics on eBay.

Nice review about the whole case, but still I want pictures :)

eBay pictures are too small to even get any information from it :)

EDIT : And it's not cheap to get one :( (for my currency)

Edited by Koki1337

Guest Koki1337

Okay, saw the silicone soft case

Looks real amazing and sleek.

Adds a little clearing between the screen and the surface of the table, great stuff

Is it squeaky type of material though?

Guest Morris Lee
Okay, saw the silicone soft case

Looks real amazing and sleek.

Adds a little clearing between the screen and the surface of the table, great stuff

Is it squeaky type of material though?

When I am done my exams, I am going to do a video review and including the case. Keep in mind that I have attached 4 rubber feet on the back of the silicon case to do the clearance, so it can sit flat on the surface