T-mobile pulse - sold but not working

Guest vaugi

Hi guys, I'm hoping you pulse owners might help me out.

I sold a t-mobile pulse on Ebay to a Bulgarian guy - sold it as brand new, boxed. I took it out to check the contents but left it as-is to sell as new, and didn't want anyone to think it was used. (I guess that was a bit stupid, and should have checked it worked at least).

Anyway, he reports that the only thing that happens is the t-mobile screen and has asked for a refund. He's provided a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2fMEuLC5Q

Any advice appreciated, I'm happy to take back and refund if genuinly broken, but just want to check first that it's not a sim issue (I stated it was t-mobile locked) or he's bricked it from custom roms etc.

I've no Pulse experience, I went straight to San Francisco instead.

Many thanks, V

It will boot without SIM so get him to try that.

Tried that, he says it's the same as in the video, just the t-mobile screen. Is it broken then? Thanks for the help!

Is there a way, if I have to have it returned to me, to check whether he's tried to root/rom it?

Guest Sh4d0w940
Tried that, he says it's the same as in the video, just the t-mobile screen. Is it broken then? Thanks for the help!

Is there a way, if I have to have it returned to me, to check whether he's tried to root/rom it?

Let him follow this guide:

December update

If it still doesn't work it's the first bricked Pulse afaik.

Sh4d0w940

Guest skandigraun

Most probably it is broken (however i am not sure if it is broken completely). I would suggest him to install either tre or hungarian t-mo's 2.1 update, it definitely worthes a shot. (The hungarian one: http://www.t-mobile.hu/static/szoftverek/t...lse_21_B815.zip , download, unzip it. copy the dload folder to the root of sd card, turn on the phone by pressing and holding volup+red+on button for a few seconds, then pull out the battery when it is done. then copy the dload folder from the Customized_HU folder to the card (it is in the zip also), and install it on the same way).

If the same problem occurs, then it is broken most probably. Getting out infomation of a broken phone is not easy, but i believe from fastboot you could get the os' files from the handset, and check on some way if it was rooted, or modified by the buyer. However installing this official rom erases the traces of rooting and custom roms.

Edit: Sh4d0w940 was faster :P

Edited by skandigraun

Guest BigBearMDC

I'm having the same issue with one of my Pulses. I wasn't ever able to resolve the problem, although it fully booted up from time to time. I guess its a hardware fault, sorry.

Oh, and I seem to have another broken Pulse. My main one died a few days ago. The screen just went black, and it wouldn't boot anymore. I found out that the battery was totally flattened although it was nearly full a few minutes earlier. The weird thing is that I can boot my phone without the a battery in. As soon as I put the battery in it and unplug the power cable it just switches off, although the battery is shown to be full. I could charge it via the phone also - weird.

Best regards,

BB

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated. I guess it's broken then, I can't really get him to try to fix it himself really, I better get it returned and sent back to t-mobile.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not being fleeced! :-)

Cheers again.

Vaugi

Oh, and I seem to have another broken Pulse. My main one died a few days ago. The screen just went black, and it wouldn't boot anymore. I found out that the battery was totally flattened although it was nearly full a few minutes earlier. The weird thing is that I can boot my phone without the a battery in. As soon as I put the battery in it and unplug the power cable it just switches off, although the battery is shown to be full. I could charge it via the phone also - weird.

This sounds very much like what happened to me. Full battery -> nothing in seconds, and then refused to charge from USB, leading me to think the phone was dead. Fortunately charging from the mains seemed to sort it out, and so far it hasn't happened again.

I think the batteries in these devices may be prone to faults.

I would guess that the battery in this phone in Hungary may have gone off in storage. Suggest getting him to try to boot it with the battery removed and connected to the mains.