Orange SF branding

Guest craig17

Guest craig17

Hey,

(sorry if this is a stupid post; I am a complete noob and this is probably in the wrong place.)

I am planning on buying an Orange SF at the weekend and after reading through this forum and reading a few reviews around the internet I have picked up on one issue, and that is the Orange branding of the SF. I understand there is a way of rooting the device and installing a custom ROM (which I have seen in this forum) but even though the guides are very simple I am afraid that I have tried nothing like that before and I'm pretty sure that I'd somehow manage to mess it up.

So I was wondering how significant the Orange branding is on the phone? Are there orange apps everywhere or are there just a few? I have tried watching some youtube reviews but reviewers mostly scroll through the apps really quickly so I'm unable to observe how much orange stuff there is. And if I was to change network (I plan on changing to GiffGaff pretty soon after my orange credit runs out) would the orange apps still work or would they just be dead?

If you could redirect me to somewhere this has already been answered (I did search) or answer my queries I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Craig.

Edited by craig17

Guest xeyaztian
Hey,

(sorry if this is a stupid post; I am a complete noob and this is probably in the wrong place.)

I am planning on buying an Orange SF at the weekend and after reading through this forum and reading a few reviews around the internet I have picked up on one issue, and that is the Orange branding of the SF. I understand there is a way of rooting the device and installing a custom ROM (which I have seen in this forum) but even though the guides are very simple I am afraid that I have tried nothing like that before and I'm pretty sure that I'd somehow manage to mess it up.

So I was wondering how significant the Orange branding is on the phone? Are there orange apps everywhere or are there just a few? I have tried watching some youtube reviews but reviewers mostly scroll through the apps really quickly so I'm unable to observe how much orange stuff there is. And if I was to change network (I plan on changing to GiffGaff pretty soon after my orange credit runs out) would the orange apps still work or would they just be dead?

If you could redirect me to somewhere this has already been answered (I did search) or answer my queries I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Craig.

does this help..

http://dailyandroidapps.blogspot.com/2010/...-installed.html

Guest craig17

Hey, thanks for the link. I was not aware that there was a way to de-brand the phone without installing a custom ROM. This sounds a lot easier and safer to me than installing one of the custom ROMs (as I said, I am a complete noob to this) so when I get my Orange SF on the weekend I will give it a go.

Thanks, you've been a great help.