*Still* no official update!?!

Guest BK2FUT

...and I thought buying from Carphone Warehouse (UK) was a good idea.

Since it's an unbranded phone I thought that as soon as LG got it sorted it would appear, but it seems like Carphone Warehouse people are getting the long wait...

Frustrating.

:P

Guest AerospaceMango
...and I thought buying from Carphone Warehouse (UK) was a good idea.

Since it's an unbranded phone I thought that as soon as LG got it sorted it would appear, but it seems like Carphone Warehouse people are getting the long wait...

Frustrating.

:P

Yep...pretty crappy, having to wait!

I just wish the buggers would pull their fingers out so that we can have the "official" build!

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Yep...pretty crappy, having to wait!

I just wish the buggers would pull their fingers out so that we can have the "official" build!

Delays, Delays, and it would seem that with the first uk vodaphone update, the existing problems for some users like 3G issues, have not been solved..

better buy a SF mate.. :P or hope LG get their fingers out..pronto

Guest AerospaceMango
Delays, Delays, and it would seem that with the first uk vodaphone update, the existing problems for some users like 3G issues, have not been solved..

better buy a SF mate.. :D or hope LG get their fingers out..pronto

I'm starting to wonder whether to get an SF, and give the GT540 to the Missus!!!

That'll be something of mine she WILL want to play with!!!!

:P :D :D :P

Guest he6rt6gr6m

It's really not that big-a deal. I'm using the same unbranded type CW hand out, and have installed the Baltic ROM, which has been working superbly.

Mountain out of a molehill, some people...

Guest AerospaceMango
It's really not that big-a deal. I'm using the same unbranded type CW hand out, and have installed the Baltic ROM, which has been working superbly.

True, but then I seem to have got a lot of system notification bars come up since I went to the Baltic....

That didn't happen on 1.6....so I'm waiting on the official to see whether that is a feature of 2.1!

PLUS, I get a lot of "forced restart" on a bundle of apps.....

This should change with the Offish build, I would hope!

EDIT* And, of course, once the offish build is in, I'll be doing the root and Apps2sd stuff....to make life easier!

Edited by AerospaceMango

Guest ginger76

lucky you... I am having plenty of issues since flashing the Baltic rom onto my phone... I now have no data connection outside of WIFI areas being the biggest issue.

Any ideas how to fix this anyone?

Handset bought from CW running on tesco/02 network

Guest RottenFoxBreath
That'll be something of mine she WILL want to play with!!!!

:P :D :D :P

F'nar, F'nar, Parp!!

lucky you... I am having plenty of issues since flashing the Baltic rom onto my phone... I now have no data connection outside of WIFI areas being the biggest issue.

Tried texting o2 to get your APN's replaced...they are wiped after a flash, so text ACTIVE to 2020(if you use o2) and apply the texts you get.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest hecatae

there is a tesco rom recently found, you could try that

Guest NeoStar9X

I've been trying the LG Support Tool for the past two days with no luck. Each time it says my phone is up to date with 1.6. Maybe it knows I'm checking from a US based IP address even though I'm setting the country to the UK?

I keep feeling I'm doing something wrong. I see that there are updates for the phone and the tool is showing my model is and currently version yet still get it's up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything and still get the same result. I would rather not flash the device to be honest. Getting to the point where I just might end up returning it (unlocked version).

Guest jporch316
I've been trying the LG Support Tool for the past two days with no luck. Each time it says my phone is up to date with 1.6. Maybe it knows I'm checking from a US based IP address even though I'm setting the country to the UK?

I keep feeling I'm doing something wrong. I see that there are updates for the phone and the tool is showing my model is and currently version yet still get it's up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything and still get the same result. I would rather not flash the device to be honest. Getting to the point where I just might end up returning it (unlocked version).

Like you I waited until the update was officially available on the LG update tool before upgraded (saturday just gone). I updated and everything was fine apart from something Ithought was a problem but it wasnt.

Ive since flashed my phone (using the refernence thread in this forum) and its a piece of cake. Ive tried a couple of roms and now im back on the cpw 2.1. I can confirm that it is identical to the orignal LG official update.

Dont worry - just do it!

Guest NeoStar9X

Okay a question. This is the one thing I haven't tried. Does a sim card have to be in the phone, or at least have been in the phone, in order for the update tool to work properly? I've never actually taken my sim card out of my current phone and placed it into the new one. Wanted to test it out first and was hoping I could just update it. Now I'm starting to think perhaps this is my problem. However being in the US not sure if this would cause any issues as I'm using an AT&T sim card.

My phone currently says firmware 1.6 but software version v10c. Would that version number cause any issues?

I've been rethinking just following the guide here on the forums but want to try every other wary first.

Thanks.

Guest AerospaceMango
Okay a question. This is the one thing I haven't tried. Does a sim card have to be in the phone, or at least have been in the phone, in order for the update tool to work properly? I've never actually taken my sim card out of my current phone and placed it into the new one. Wanted to test it out first and was hoping I could just update it. Now I'm starting to think perhaps this is my problem. However being in the US not sure if this would cause any issues as I'm using an AT&T sim card.

My phone currently says firmware 1.6 but software version v10c. Would that version number cause any issues?

I've been rethinking just following the guide here on the forums but want to try every other wary first.

Thanks.

Hi Neo.....

Which ROM are you choosing? Because the Baltic and the CPW are pretty good.

Guest NeoStar9X

Thanks for the help but going to be sending the phone back tomorrow. I could flash it but that I even have to when the official tools don't work when they should (nothing seems to be wrong with my system or even work computer when I tried there) is just frustrating. Rather just wash my hands of the thing.