New to Android: Desire HD

Guest Colio

Hey guys.

Just joined the android army, with a new desire hd. Just getting to grips with it, but I've noticed there are a ton of apps pre-installed which are either duplicates (peep & twitter app) or just plain useless to me (soundhound?!).

I've tried to remove these using "safe" methods, but there is some form of lock down to stop this. From the reading I've done over the past two days, the only method to do this is to "root" the device and remove the various .apk files associated with the unwanted apps. - taking care to remove only those not likely to feck the device up..(lol!)

When I've searched for rooting methods, the desire hd never appears on anyones list apart from VISIONary, which provides a temp root solution.

I have 3 questions and I'd appreciate any response.

1: The ability to remove some of these locked apps is that granted with the app VISIONARY, and if so could you point me to a place I might find some instructions to do so.

2: If I cannot use VISIONary, is there a known method to root the desire hd? Or is it just too early to say yet?

3: Whats the recommended method to recover your phone from a failed root attempt. I've seen the app Nandroid and Titanium backup mentioned a few times. Are these decent apps, which one is the better, or are is it simply user preference?

Cheers