28/Oct r4b gforums Custom Rom FroYo for ZTE blade (Alpha!)

Guest gforums

Fancy widget doesn't work...anyone confirm working?

confirm working fine on mine. I replied to someone else on here that on first install this widget tries to automatically find your location, it doesn't always work. The workaround is simply to go into its config menu and set your location manually, after that the weather will display fine.

whoops ! I think I double replied. Apologies.

Edited by xzyk

Just installed this rom and i must say:

- SUPER, SUPER FAST

- SUPER SUPER SMOOTH

a few glitches forced me to go back to r4

but 1 question:

are people experiencing better or worse battery life?

Guest malooga
confirm working fine on mine. I replied to someone else on here that on first install this widget tries to automatically find your location, it doesn't always work. The workaround is simply to go into its config menu and set your location manually, after that the weather will display fine.

whoops ! I think I double replied. Apologies.

Yeah i had to do that, the app reckoned i existed somewhere made up lol

Guest peterc_drs
i seem to be able to connect to the market ok with 3g but wifi doesnt connect at all with any of these 2.2 builds for me, trys to connect then off then on ect

have been able to use wifi for some market stuff and some not for some reason

Oh yes, this is the ROM, its superfast, no sluggishness at all, reminds me on how my Desire ran, everything is superfast, Unfortunatly I have fell at the first hurdle, I can't get signed into anything on google to sync

Guest Azurren
Oh yes, this is the ROM, its superfast, no sluggishness at all, reminds me on how my Desire ran, everything is superfast, Unfortunatly I have fell at the first hurdle, I can't get signed into anything on google to sync

Reboot and try to sign into Gtalk using 2g / 3g (Not wifi)

Batter life seems poor after the upgrade to 2.2 and also no option for auto dimming of the screen? Is the light sensor not working on this alpha version?

Guest shakerist

I find battery life quite good on this 3rd day on the blade I only boosted the charge this morning for half an hour and the day before a full charge in the morning and im on 15% , but ive been using it alot so i was quite happy, its my third recharge so a few more cycles and hopefully a more improved battery life few things that annoy about this rom:

No Flash not roms fault but I would like to have it

Wifi does not automatically connect

Logging into Google accounts at first use, its fine after that

Air control not working- BIG PROBLEM :) - Joke to one side please fix it

Adobe reader not working - not a problem for me

Youtube not working - some managed to fix but i ca cnt uninstall it ( I blame my noobyiness )

Titanium backup is very messed up it asks for root rights when i give it it says its been granted in a small popup and it doesnt go away until I turn phone off - again other fixed it, I havent

GPS works to some extent but it thinks im in leeds when im in london , however it picksup my movements

Another wifi issue is the lock issue when it locks for a period of time wifi connection is lost, if you lock it for like 5 seconds and then unlock it there is no issue maybe this could be a battery saving feature if it turned off wifi completely instead of keeping the wifi on and saying im not connected

Fruit Ninja Force Closes - Purchased the game and cant play it

It looks like a list but these are mostly minor issues

I agree with other posters that it is verrrrrry fast on the other froyo angry birds lagged on this maybe 3 times and ive finished poached eggs

Guess Ill have to wait until monday when hopefully they will release a updated rom.

Edited by shakerist

Guest gforums
[...]

I agree with other posters that it is verrrrrry fast on the other froyo angry birds lagged on this maybe 3 times and ive finished poached eggs

Guess Ill have to wait until monday when hopefully they will release a updated rom.

don't expect too much from *me* - I only tried to create a rom which combines the fixes we have yet so far. I won't be able to sort out moch more of the actual problems, but if other users will do so, we can pack it in this custom rom.

youtube fix is easy - will be in the next release. all other issues probably will stay until other people find fixes! :)

best, gforums

Guest bugeyes
none of them let you modify system files.

Try ES file explorer, that works with sys files, tho you have to mount sys then dismount (lol) to get access to your sd card afterwards...

Guest x.balli.x
I find battery life quite good on this 3rd day on the blade I only boosted the charge this morning for half an hour and the day before a full charge in the morning and im on 15% , but ive been using it alot so i was quite happy, its my third recharge so a few more cycles and hopefully a more improved battery life few things that annoy about this rom:

Adobe reader not working - not a problem for me

Youtube not working - some managed to fix but i ca cnt uninstall it ( I blame my noobyiness )

GPS works to some extent but it thinks im in leeds when im in london , however it picksup my movements

It looks like a list but these are mostly minor issues

if you got adb setup then removing the Youtube and AReader shouldnt be a problem but make sure after removing it you reboot your phone and then install again

for GPS, you need to give it few moments, let it pick up the GPS Sat and then it will give you the exact location , same thing is happening to me, it gives my location as North Yorkshire first but after 2 minutes it give ths exact location

Guest flash2004

Installed this today. Excellent ROM. Very smooth. Market worked the first time. Youtube works fine. Some feedback

- I liked the dialler on the 2.1 ROM better (with speaker, mute buttons, End call etc on the screen) Can I get it in froyo ?

- Sometimes market says "download unsuccessful" not sure why ?

- I get 2 3G icons. How to get rid of one ?

If root explorer doesn't work use super manager

http://www.appbrain.com/app/super-manager/...net.TaskManager

Edited by flash2004

Guest razialita

hi gforums, I've tried your rom and there is a significant problem with signals, and I've found no matches here so please help.

I'm using an unlocked orange sf and upgraded with your room, using Vodafone but no 3g/2g available. Som I tried using wifi to link my google account to the market, gtalk gmail etc but they all say network not connectable. I then reinstalled by wiping everything and start up with my orange sim-card, which the linking up to market worked. So I changed back to the vodafone card,but now it says there's no network!

I've tried vice versa, that is start up with voda (got network), and then switching to orange to activate google, which the network cannot be foiud again. Does that mean i can't switch sims with this rom?

Please help!

Guest Gerson2k
Finally managed to remove youtube using super manager but when i try and reinstall it from the market it wont install, anybody got any ideas?

It won't install or it won't download? If the latter then its down to the Market playing up again.

Guest Gerson2k
hi gforums, I've tried your rom and there is a significant problem with signals, and I've found no matches here so please help.

I'm using an unlocked orange sf and upgraded with your room, using Vodafone but no 3g/2g available. Som I tried using wifi to link my google account to the market, gtalk gmail etc but they all say network not connectable. I then reinstalled by wiping everything and start up with my orange sim-card, which the linking up to market worked. So I changed back to the vodafone card,but now it says there's no network!

I've tried vice versa, that is start up with voda (got network), and then switching to orange to activate google, which the network cannot be foiud again. Does that mean i can't switch sims with this rom?

Please help!

I had an issue when I first flashed the rom, sounds similar to yours in that I'm on Tesco (O2) and accidentially selected 3 as the network and it kept showing up as no service. I found I had to reset APN to default and then reboot and then select O2 as the network again.

Guest sikhcentral

I can't seem to get onto market or talk at all now, even though I got on fine before and downloaded an app. I can surf the net fine.....

I can get onto market and download on another SF with 2.1 and the same SIM.

It seems to me 2.2 is causing some problems I will do a wipe and try and sign into Gtalk again via 3g

Well it now is working after doing nothing but a reboot weird....

Edited by sikhcentral