[DEV] HTC Bootloader Access

Guest Evostance

Guest Evostance

Is anyone brave enough to try loading Clockwork Mod onto their Desire HD?

It might brick your phone, however it's covered under warranty since its still rooted and the original bootloader so just take it back for a swap.

Download Clockwork Mod:

Anyway, just boot into recovery (Vol-Down + Power, then select Recovery)

Then press Vol-Up + Power and select Apply sdcard:update.zip

If it loads into a black background with green writing then take a photo or let us know. You should just be able to reboot your phone after by removing the battery....

HOWEVER, I take no responsibility if this bricks your device! By trying this you understand and agree that I am not responsible for any negative outcome

Guest El Nino9
Is anyone brave enough to try loading Clockwork Mod onto their Desire HD?

It might brick your phone, however it's covered under warranty since its still rooted and the original bootloader so just take it back for a swap.

Download Clockwork Mod:

Anyway, just boot into recovery (Vol-Down + Power, then select Recovery)

Then press Vol-Up + Power and select Apply sdcard:update.zip

If it loads into a black background with green writing then take a photo or let us know. You should just be able to reboot your phone after by removing the battery....

HOWEVER, I take no responsibility if this bricks your device! By trying this you understand and agree that I am not responsible for any negative outcome

Not being rude or anything

so since i can see its your first post and that you are a newbie, welcome to modaco

i take it you haven't tried it yourself.

firstly it won't work.

a)clockwork mod hasnt been released yet for the device. the kernel source got released a few days ago.

b)developers are working on an exploit. there needs to be an exploit that will allow flashing to the recovery partition. the nand on the device is LOCKED so no fastboot commands.

so this isn't a dev exactly is it?

im sure paul is working on this though as are other people

Guest Evostance
Not being rude or anything

so since i can see its your first post and that you are a newbie, welcome to modaco

i take it you haven't tried it yourself.

firstly it won't work.

a)clockwork mod hasnt been released yet for the device. the kernel source got released a few days ago.

b)developers are working on an exploit. there needs to be an exploit that will allow flashing to the recovery partition. the nand on the device is LOCKED so no fastboot commands.

so this isn't a dev exactly is it?

im sure paul is working on this though as are other people

Well aware it probably wouldn't work. We're currently looking at rebuilding Clockwork Mod for the Desire HD

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=818005

:)