Galaxy s GT-i9000 Locked or Unlocked

Guest Grayo20

Hi All

This is my first post so not sure if i'm doing this right but here goes.

I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000, from a well know internet auction site. The seller said the phone was locked to the Vodaphone network, I tried my Orange sim card in the phone and it seems to be working ok, making/receiving calls, making/receiving texts, connecting to the internet. Does this mean the phone is unlocked or do I still need to get it unlocked.

Sorry new to all this so hope i'm making sense :)

Many thanks Grayo20

Edited by Grayo20

Hi All

This is my first post so not sure if i'm doing this right but here goes.

I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000, from a well know internet auction site. The seller said the phone was locked to the Vodaphone network, I tried my Orange sim card in the phone and it seems to be working ok, making/receiving calls, making/receiving texts, connecting to the internet. Does this mean the phone is unlocked or do I still need to get it unlocked.

Sorry new to all this so hope i'm making sense :)

Many thanks Grayo20

Its seems phone is unlocked. If its locked to the network I dont think you can use any other sim.

Its seems phone is unlocked. If its locked to the network I dont think you can use any other sim.

Thanks for the reply rajeewa, Thats what I thought (it was unlocked) When I turn it on it show the vodafone logo even though I have an orange sim inserted, but it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the reply rajeewa, Thats what I thought (it was unlocked) When I turn it on it show the vodafone logo even though I have an orange sim inserted, but it seems to be working fine.

This means that it is branded. Back in the days when I had my sony erricson, you could unlock the phone and then debrand it removing the voda crap. This sped it up. I am not sure whether installing another rom, i.e from samfirmware.com will debrand it. I assume it will.

This means that it is branded. Back in the days when I had my sony erricson, you could unlock the phone and then debrand it removing the voda crap. This sped it up. I am not sure whether installing another rom, i.e from samfirmware.com will debrand it. I assume it will.

Hi Astridax, Thanks for the reply. I have just downloaded the latest firmware via Samsung Kies, but with regarding installing another Rom, I have not got a clue. This is the first phone I have owned with a touch screen so have not got any idea about changing things at the moment.

Thanks

Grayo20