dock/hdmi issues

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest amccox

main motherboard port,

edit: gee i just noticed a useless fact, you joined 4 days after me and there are 1,946 users between us, thats nigh on 500 new registrations a day, or about one every 3 minutes :D

Edited by amccox

Guest adzman808
I found usb hubs will refuse to recognise it, even powered ones. Needs to be plugged into main motherboard usbs. What are you plugging yours in to?

are you using a OTG adaptor?

is it mini to std usb?

Guest Truenash
main motherboard port,

edit: gee i just noticed a useless fact, you joined 4 days after me and there are 1,946 users between us, thats nigh on 500 new registrations a day, or about one every 3 minutes :D

Jesus, that goes to show the strength of the hacking community around Android!

And I was using the Dell supplied mini usb to std usb.

Guest adzman808

got my dock last week... some buggering about to get it to work...

- no audio via amp

fix = toggle 'auto route audio to external speaker' [leave setting on prompt]

- no hdmi output to TV

fix = change stagefright media scan to false within build.prop (tweaked prop only, std doesn't have this setting) plays vids recorded with current phone build, but not previous builds... also plays vids from my ipod (mp4)

- no usb storage mount

fix = not fixed yet. Have ordered OTG mini-male to std-female adaptor. Will prob need a mount point creating, watch this space (tbh not sure this feature is officially supported)

- gallery output to TV

fix = fcuk knows... this is weird, pix taken by my previous rom version display corrupted on the TV (but ok on the phone) & although they're corrupted the duration of the image during slideshow playback is fine, but pix taken via current build & pix added to phone but not taken by phone camera (eg my desktop backgrounds) display fine on the TV but sideshow display for only about 0.01 sceonds & for most part the TV screen stays blank

Obviously anyone who can help me (or at least compare notes with their own experiences) with the gallery thing, please do so :D

tbh i wish dell hadn't bothered with hdmi... i'd have bought the dock anyway & wouldn't have spent hours trying to get it's limited functionality to work :P

Guest adzman808

just tried with a std build.prop & still getting my weird (see above) gallery slide show settings...

starting to not care tbh :D

s'pose i could try a fac reset... (haven't done 1 for a while)

but at the end of the day i'm really fu'king around for something i don't massively care about & i'm pleased the 319 player can do mp4...

this just needs an app like the droid x one (real hdmi)

anyone have one? lol

Edited by adzman808

• 1 month later...
Guest maxicet

Hi all,

I'm Max from Toscana, Italy.

I just bought an original dell streak dock, and all it's ok, usb connection, charge, and hdmi output.

But the question is : I have a message in "Home" dock screen, it says : meteo info not recognized".

If I tap on it, I have a fc on clock app.

What can I do to resolve the issue ?

Thanks and excuse me for my bad english