Confused by email on android

Guest EcoGypsy

Guest EcoGypsy

So I just got a San Francisco - generally a nice phone and I like it. I'm having trouble adjusting to the hpone though as it is my first smartphone. The thing perplexing me the most is email.

Okay so the orange mail app won't work as I unlocked it a switched to t-mobile - fine. But is there an app that will do the same job?

I want to link my work email and yahoo email. On my ipod touch there is a 'mail' app which I can link several accounts to - then I just have to go into this to check the mail in each account. Is there anything like this for android? I'd rather not send everything through gmail - I only got a gmail account in order to access the android market.

Thanks and sorry for what is a silly noob question. :)

Guest Psicotix
Okay so the orange mail app won't work as I unlocked it a switched to t-mobile - fine. But is there an app that will do the same job?

I want to link my work email and yahoo email. On my ipod touch there is a 'mail' app which I can link several accounts to - then I just have to go into this to check the mail in each account...

:)

Hi,

I've been using Maildroid beta off the market for some time. Can't say whether it'll do what you want wrt Yahoo, but does allow multiple accounts over POP3 and IMAP, and does have auto setup. The HTC mail app should do the same trick, iirc.

Good luck!