Help please - stuck on Dell screen and recovery/fastboot doesn't load

Guest kire42

Guest mr gribbly
that's all right mate, i will call dell to see if they can sort it out. Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

I was thinking about taking it into O2, but the problem is that steve's Roms void the warranty, and if they detect that I've been messing with the software they may refuse to fix it or charge me for a new phone.

Guest mzsigler
I was thinking about taking it into O2, but the problem is that steve's Roms void the warranty, and if they detect that I've been messing with the software they may refuse to fix it or charge me for a new phone.

If we can't get it to boot, neither can they.

Guest Supra2010

I bought directly from dell, so just called them, they will come to collect for a repair. Hopefully they are "smart" enough to give me a new one :rolleyes:

Guest mr gribbly
Probably a bit too late for you now but check out this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=830080

For some reason the OP ryrules1 is keeping the solution close to his chest and will reveal it only in response to a PM

Maybe he has the information that could help you?

Thanks for the link, if he sends it to me and it helps I'll repost the solution here.

Edited by mr gribbly

same here, if press camera + power together = screen off all the way

power first + camera followed = just dell logo all the way

camera first + power followed = screen off all the way

I thinks the timing is no help, just hours for practise :rolleyes:

This is exactly the problem I was having. Nothing I tried worked either. I just sent mine in for replacement, hopefully if I can't enter recovery, they won't be able to either.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Has anybody sent it to Dell with no stock froyo or recovery?

Are they smart enough to repair it? (I´m on DJ-Stevens came from 2.1UK stock)

Greetings

I called dell for a related problem and they will not fix out of warranty phones, not even if you pay them in $$$

Guest finalmoksha
I called dell for a related problem and they will not fix out of warranty phones, not even if you pay them in $$$

I had the same problem. I suggest you try getting in touch with DJ_Steve @DMonsterprod on twitter. I did the same thing. He helped me get my streak up and running. Thanks once again @DMonsterprod ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest whskyhotel

Please help,

I am attempting to take my streak (att build 6601) from 1.6 to 2.1,, then ultimately to 2.2 ,, I can utilized instruction (thanks homiess) and get stuck during the fastboot process, I put the update file on streak root,, dragged the recovery.stock.img to the fastboot.exe file as instructed,, when I enter fastboot ,, I enter the prescribed code "fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img" I receive an error message, ,,"unable to load recovery stock img",, can anyone help me,, I am using Win7 if that matters, Thanks,

Upgrading from O2 1.6 (build 4399) to O2 2.1 (build 8105)

1.Download the O2 2.1 (build 8105) file and the Stock recovery (build 4399) file in this post.

2.Rename update-8105-21.pkg to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your microsd.

3.Move the stock recovery image you downloaded into the same folder as the fastboot.exe.

4.Turn off the Streak and put it in fastboot mode by holding down the camera shutter button then press and hold the power button until a white screen comes up.

5.Tap on the Fastboot button in the top right corner.

6.You will see Wait for USB Fastboot detect, wait 10 seconds and then plug in the usb cable from the computer.

7.The screen will then change to say Fastboot_Mode. In windows go to Start > Run... > type: cmd and hit enter.

8.Now navagate to the fastboot.exe file with the cd command. Fastboot should be in the "tools" folder in the Android SDK you downloaded.

9.When you get there type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

10.When it says Download RECOVERY Done! on the Streak pull the battery and remove the usb cable.

11.Put the battery back in and hold the volume up and down buttons down while pressing the power button, it will boot into recovery menu.

12.Select Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card using volume keys and camera button to select. Be patient it will take a while.

13.The Streak will reboot and you are now on O2 2.1 (build 8105).

Guest stoney1973
Please help,

I am attempting to take my streak (att build 6601) from 1.6 to 2.1,, then ultimately to 2.2 ,, I can utilized instruction (thanks homiess) and get stuck during the fastboot process, I put the update file on streak root,, dragged the recovery.stock.img to the fastboot.exe file as instructed,, when I enter fastboot ,, I enter the prescribed code "fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img" I receive an error message, ,,"unable to load recovery stock img",, can anyone help me,, I am using Win7 if that matters, Thanks,

Upgrading from O2 1.6 (build 4399) to O2 2.1 (build 8105)

1.Download the O2 2.1 (build 8105) file and the Stock recovery (build 4399) file in this post.

2.Rename update-8105-21.pkg to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your microsd.

3.Move the stock recovery image you downloaded into the same folder as the fastboot.exe.

4.Turn off the Streak and put it in fastboot mode by holding down the camera shutter button then press and hold the power button until a white screen comes up.

5.Tap on the Fastboot button in the top right corner.

6.You will see Wait for USB Fastboot detect, wait 10 seconds and then plug in the usb cable from the computer.

7.The screen will then change to say Fastboot_Mode. In windows go to Start > Run... > type: cmd and hit enter.

8.Now navagate to the fastboot.exe file with the cd command. Fastboot should be in the "tools" folder in the Android SDK you downloaded.

9.When you get there type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

10.When it says Download RECOVERY Done! on the Streak pull the battery and remove the usb cable.

11.Put the battery back in and hold the volume up and down buttons down while pressing the power button, it will boot into recovery menu.

12.Select Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card using volume keys and camera button to select. Be patient it will take a while.

13.The Streak will reboot and you are now on O2 2.1 (build 8105).

is the name of the recovery file recovery.stock.img ? if so, then the command should be:"fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.img" without the quotation marks of course.

• 3 months later...
Guest ReardenSlade

I'm having the same problem - Streak stuck on Dell logo, not able to enter fastboot or recovery modes.. While trying to fix a connectivity problem by changing the baseband from 21 to 00, I got stuck with the Dell logo issue.. I was following this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...1-to-00-builds/

I flashed the recovery.stock.new.img, and had the Update.pkg file on the SDcard. When running the restore from Update.pkg, I got stuck with a black screen, after this the Streak wouldnt respond to anything..

I downloaded QDLTool and tried an update.. The Streak is being recognized by QDLTool (and Windows), the ADB drivers are installed, but when I try to run QDLTool I get the below error:

-----

Check Secure Boot is enabled

Streaming hello success

Send Security mode success

Download partition table success

#Download DBL success

#Download FSBL success

#Download OSBL success

#Download DT success

#Download backup FSBL success

Erase EFS2 success

Wait for rebooting ....... ok

Wait for modem set up ......

Wait for ADB device .........

ERROR[D2]: wait ADB fastboot mode timeout!

Please check that device is exist and driver is properly installed.

Download Fail! - 2011/05/21 21:05:03

Elapsed Time: 42.24 sec

-----

After running QDLTool, the Streak atleast responds - but it is not able to enter fastboot mode or recovery..

* Trying to power on the streak (only the power button) results in the Streak being stuck with the Dell logo

* Trying to power on the streak with both the volume buttons pressed (for recovery) or the camera button pressed (for fastboot) results in a black screen.. Once I try this I have to remove the battery, wait for the 1 minute and replace the battery for the Streak to respond further to anything

* The Streak enters the diagnostics mode without any problem, Windows and QDLTool are able to recognize the device when plugged in..

Looks like the device is not dead yet, it's probably in a coma.. :P

Desperately need help.. Any suggestions to what to do next to get it out of the coma?

Guest Niraj Kumar
I'm having the same problem - Streak stuck on Dell logo, not able to enter fastboot or recovery modes.. While trying to fix a connectivity problem by changing the baseband from 21 to 00, I got stuck with the Dell logo issue.. I was following this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...1-to-00-builds/

I flashed the recovery.stock.new.img, and had the Update.pkg file on the SDcard. When running the restore from Update.pkg, I got stuck with a black screen, after this the Streak wouldnt respond to anything..

I downloaded QDLTool and tried an update.. The Streak is being recognized by QDLTool (and Windows), the ADB drivers are installed, but when I try to run QDLTool I get the below error:

-----

Check Secure Boot is enabled

Streaming hello success

Send Security mode success

Download partition table success

#Download DBL success

#Download FSBL success

#Download OSBL success

#Download DT success

#Download backup FSBL success

Erase EFS2 success

Wait for rebooting ....... ok

Wait for modem set up ......

Wait for ADB device .........

ERROR[D2]: wait ADB fastboot mode timeout!

Please check that device is exist and driver is properly installed.

Download Fail! - 2011/05/21 21:05:03

Elapsed Time: 42.24 sec

-----

After running QDLTool, the Streak atleast responds - but it is not able to enter fastboot mode or recovery..

* Trying to power on the streak (only the power button) results in the Streak being stuck with the Dell logo

* Trying to power on the streak with both the volume buttons pressed (for recovery) or the camera button pressed (for fastboot) results in a black screen.. Once I try this I have to remove the battery, wait for the 1 minute and replace the battery for the Streak to respond further to anything

* The Streak enters the diagnostics mode without any problem, Windows and QDLTool are able to recognize the device when plugged in..

Looks like the device is not dead yet, it's probably in a coma.. :P

Desperately need help.. Any suggestions to what to do next to get it out of the coma?

Please download STREAKFLASH ( an older version of QDL Tool ) Runs just like QDL. After Streakflash run QDL TOOL. You will be fine.

Guest ReardenSlade
Please download STREAKFLASH ( an older version of QDL Tool ) Runs just like QDL. After Streakflash run QDL TOOL. You will be fine.

Thanks for the info Niraj.. Downloading it now - will try it out today evening and keep you posted..!

Guest ReardenSlade
Thanks for the info Niraj.. Downloading it now - will try it out today evening and keep you posted..!

Hi Niraj - brilliant piece of info.. Worked perfectly, Streak is back in working condition now! Thanks a TON!

Guest ReardenSlade
Actually, on second thought, I don't think I would feel good about lying to get it repaired by warranty. I wonder what other options there are.

I've tried entering fastboot and recovery every way I could think of, but it just stays on the dell logo screen. The logo isn't animating or anything either. I couldn't find anybody else on the web who has the same problem as me, so I think it's a lost cause.

It probably just needs a new board. Does anyone know where can I take it for out of warranty repair and how much that would cost? I suppose I could call dell warranty and just fess up that I broke it, maybe they can fix it for less than the cost of a new one. Failing that, I could sell it as a parts phone but I would really like my streak back.

Hi Kire - I had a similar problem, tried with QDLTool and Streakflash (streakdroid.com).. Worked perfectly, now my Streak is back in working condition.. (Thanks to Niraj for his info about Streakflash)

• 2 years later...
Guest yurais

Hi there

I have done all of the tricks and am still stuck at dell logo

I used streakflasher it run well via de qualcomm 9002 driver,

I then tried the qdltool from the repairtool package and it fails at waiting for ADB

I checked both the phone and the device manager at computer and there is no sign of Fastboot mode entering or connection.

so it looks like the streakflasher is not flashing properly the fastboor/recovery stuff.

it is a black dell

I was thinking if the internal microsd could be damaged in someway, is there any way to fix this ?  is it replaceable by anotehr microsd\? I have lot of 2GB microsd but I dont know if special partitions has to  be created into the card before putting it into the phone.

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.