Noooo.... bricked my Streak! :(

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RedSlug
can tell you this build is very slow compared to my froyo, stageui is cool for about 10 mins then novelty wears off. i personally will be sticking to my froyo and then gingerbread :)

Any chance of applying build.prop tweaks to make it faster?

Is there a pkg on rapidshare somewhere?????

Guest popetodd

Slower it may be (can't really know until we have it to beat up) but I bet it has one thing that we don't right now: 720p video recording.

That's enough for me to go with slower.

Guest OrionBG
Slower it may be (can't really know until we have it to beat up) but I bet it has one thing that we don't right now: 720p video recording.

That's enough for me to go with slower.

:) :) :( :( :( :lol:

720p video recording!?! It is so BAD on 2.1 it will be the same on 2.2! The camera controller is very cheep I guess! compared to the Galaxy-S....Oh boy I can't compare them at all! The SGS make miracles compared to the Streak!

Guest popetodd

Miracles or not, at least it will work in the prod release.

Or do you really like missing features on a phone that costs half a grand?

Oh, and over at streakSmart they have run some tests and the Dell rom is the same speed as this one, and as I have pointed out everything works.

Steve rocks big time, but I want the goods to be functional more than I need to be different.

Having been a hard core punk playing in bands for the last 25 years I can say without hesitation that using a hacked rom instead of a functioning rom when the hacked on has fewer features is not being different or individual.

Edited by popetodd

Guest adzman808
can tell you this build is very slow compared to my froyo, stageui is cool for about 10 mins then novelty wears off. i personally will be sticking to my froyo and then gingerbread :)

when the official 2.2 goes live will we be able to download via software update or need to get .zip or apk from 'net & flash ourselves?

do you know (i'm just fishing here) if dell will need to release a newer version of pc suite to work with their 2.2, and if so do you think this will work with your ROM?

sorry for the questions, tbh it'll take a lot to prise me off your froyo build

Guest darren cox

Hopefully the full release is close - once the leaks start coming it doesn't usually take long...

Shame, as much as I google can't find this build anywhere it would normally appear..

Guest Spike8585

I don't think I will update to the official Dell Froyo, as I am not having any issues with Steve's release.

I think the best thing to come out of this release will hopefully be what Steve can use from this build to better his own.

V2 perhaps.

Guest rahulkadukar
i must admit im tempted to add the stageui to my build from this leaked one

This one apparently has a fully functioning front camera. Add that too :)

Guest darren cox
thats on my todo list :)

Awesome - that's the biggie I think could care less about Stage UI but the front camera working in apps like Qik etc would be great.

Have they released it to you major developer people for suggestions and enhancements or because of the open source thing?

What's your current to do list looking like!

Guest Stephen Hyde

no just some kind souls have passed it to me, cant say more than that as said persons job is at risk if i do.

my todo list for moment:

sort out wifi tether

add stageui

those are for 1.2.0

1.3.0 will be including camera mods once ive worked out how many changes dell have made

No one may know the answer to this just yet, but thought I'd ask. When we complete the official Dell update to 2.2, would it be as simple as flashing Steve's most recent Update.zip to have his build? Thinking behind this... don't want to go through the process of getting Steve's 2.2 from my AT&T 1.6, so if I started from official 2.2, would it be as easy as using his latest .zip with clockworkmod?

Guest Spike8585
in theory yes, as my next build is going to REQUIRE an updated baseband due to some changes,.

And that means that we can't use our precious RebelSims?

Guest tomqman
well since noone with a rebel rose to my request to test this baseband i cant comment but ill be rel a ver using stock baseband too

i can help, i have dell streak, fastboot, rebel sim. only thing is will i be able to drop back to old baseband if yours does not work?