BetterCut

Guest PaulOBrien

bettercut1.pngbettercut2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

BetterCut

What they say

3.2 support Samsung home

=Now supports HTC sense UI and Samsung Home=

Better Cut is an enhanced version of the popular Android utility AnyCut

- create system setting shortcuts to toggle gps, wifi
- The ability to change shortcut icons
- Much improved interface
- create website shortcuts

What we say

A very handy app this, which allows you to create shortcuts to any specific intent in an application, with a custom title. Want to create a shortcut to a specific function on the system or in an app? Or a hidden app? BetterCut can probably do it. I love it not just for the deep shortcut functionality, but for the ability to name shortcuts exactly as I want. Great.

Permissions

ACCESS_CHECKIN_PROPERTIES / ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_WIFI_STATE / BLUETOOTH_ADMIN / CHANGE_CONFIGURATION / CHANGE_WIFI_STATE / INTERNET / MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS / MODIFY_PHONE_STATE / READ_CONTACTS / READ_PHONE_STATE / VIBRATE / WRITE_APN_SETTINGS / WRITE_SETTINGS / com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS / com.android.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS / com.betterandroid.openhome2.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.betterandroid.openhome2.permission.READ_SETTINGS / com.betterandroid.openhome2.permission.UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.betterandroid.openhome2.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS / com.betterandroid.openhome.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.betterandroid.openhome.permission.READ_SETTINGS / com.betterandroid.openhome.permission.UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.betterandroid.openhome.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS / com.htc.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS / com.htc.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS / com.sec.android.app.twlauncher.INSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.sec.android.app.twlauncher.READ_SETTINGS / com.sec.android.app.twlauncher.UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT / com.sec.android.app.twlauncher.WRITE_SETTINGS

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

bettercut.qrcode.png

Price

$1.99

Market star rating at time of writing

4.06 (2406 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

Some launchers include similar functionality, also check out Manual Intent Shortcuts (free for the hardcore amongst you) and ShorterCut.

Suggested improvements for the next version

I'm not a huge fan of the UI (it needs to feel a bit more android-y, in fact the old Free 'AnyCut' felt better in many ways. It's a little slow when a lot of apps are installed too.

Have your say

Fan of BetterCut? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)