New (used) liquid E question

Guest tortelvis

Guest tortelvis

I just received a used (new to me) Liquid E and am not used to this phone at all.

My concern is that when i am trying to charge the battery the battery indicator goes off after about ten minutes even though the phone is not charged and i need to remove the battery to get it to start charging again.

Is this phone screwed?

I assume this is not supposed to happen.

After i remove the battery the phone will turn on and it seems to work fine. It just won't stay charging and locks up.

Any suggestions in regards to what might be wrong or anything would be greatly appreciated.

baseband version

a1-04.01.03

kernel

acer apn version

1.96-3

firmware version

2.1 update1

[edit] if i try to charge the phone while the phone is on it charges for about 3 minutes reboots and gets stuck in a reboot loop to android screen and freezes for a few minutes then turns off. Again need to take battery out to get to charge or turn on properly.

Edited by tortelvis

Guest tortelvis
is the phone over heating?

It seems to be warm but not like really hot.

[edit] Phone is not overheating. Here is an update:

The phone will just randomly reboot. have been playing with it a little to see what is up and it will just randomly restart and restart over and over till it freezes to point where i need to take battery out to restart. Does it after it goes to sleep in most cases. Have no clue what is up with this thing. Have sent email to person I purchased from awaiting response.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am also reading as much as i can on this phone from this site and others but can't find much in regards to what i am experiencing.

Edited by tortelvis

Guest Morris Lee
I just received a used (new to me) Liquid E and am not used to this phone at all.

My concern is that when i am trying to charge the battery the battery indicator goes off after about ten minutes even though the phone is not charged and i need to remove the battery to get it to start charging again.

Is this phone screwed?

I assume this is not supposed to happen.

After i remove the battery the phone will turn on and it seems to work fine. It just won't stay charging and locks up.

Any suggestions in regards to what might be wrong or anything would be greatly appreciated.

baseband version

a1-04.01.03

kernel

acer apn version

1.96-3

firmware version

2.1 update1

[edit] if i try to charge the phone while the phone is on it charges for about 3 minutes reboots and gets stuck in a reboot loop to android screen and freezes for a few minutes then turns off. Again need to take battery out to get to charge or turn on properly.

Did you ask the seller about this issue?

Guest tortelvis

Update:

Well it seems that the issue that i was experiencing seems to have had something to do with the shipping process and the phone being almost frozen during shipping. (or so it seems)

After fighting to get the phone to charge I finally got it to 100% after many hours of connecting and disconnecting.

Once the battery was full I did a factory reset and hit the little button beside the micro sd slot and now the phone seems to be very stable.

I spoke with the seller and he said there were no issues with the phone at all when he shipped it and said he would take it back so I assume he is trust worthy enough about the whole situation.

I have one last question if someone might be able to help with:

I went to update the the phone with a new OS (Mine is acer_liquide_1.100.79_pa_fido) and wanted to update to 2.1 for now just to try it out but when i try to do the update with the downloaded acer files it says that it cannot be updated and I need to find update: FIDO?

Anyone ever seen this before?

Is there something i need to do to the phone before I can update the OS?

Root? Superboot? malez recovery? These seem to be things that everyone has been doing.

Sorry guys I am a total noob at this smartphone stuff. Have read alot of stuff on here and there is a lot to take in and may just be over complicating things. I have a knack for that sometimes.

Guest tortelvis

I think that it depends on the type of battery. I know that i used to put AA batteries in the fridge and they keep longer and sometime gained a little bit power if almost dead. Doesn't work for long but it did work.

In regards to the LI-ion polymer batteries i don't have a whole lot of experience with them so not sure how it would really affect it.

I am planning on getting a new battery for the phone this weekend anyways.

Guest thedicemaster

sounds like you have a region-specific phone.

they need update files for your region(in this case, with FIDO in the rom name. most phones run on GEN1)

i don't know how it is for the liquid E, but with the regular liquid it was possible to forcefully flash a gen1 rom over a different type using an older version of acer tools, after which the phone would be treated as a gen1 phone.

Guest tortelvis
sounds like you have a region-specific phone.

they need update files for your region(in this case, with FIDO in the rom name. most phones run on GEN1)

i don't know how it is for the liquid E, but with the regular liquid it was possible to forcefully flash a gen1 rom over a different type using an older version of acer tools, after which the phone would be treated as a gen1 phone.

well to update on that i tried that last night and well now have a whole world of problems.

I used the how to update post by dario93 and well things did not go as planned:

first the update stopped at the point where it says OS mode update because my phone launched into a fastboot (i believe it said) mode and my computer stopped recognizing phone and said not connected. I let it sit for 8 hours like this and no go so had to unplug usb. when i plugged usb back in the computer recognized the phone but acer download tool would not. At first. Then i unplugged battery to get phone to be recognized by computer again and relaunched acer download tool and well it recognized the phone but now where it says connected it does not say amss it only says connected.

Second when i press the power button phone vibrates goes to acer splash screen then goes black and no button combination works.

Please don't tell me I completely bricked this thing.

When i connect it to acer download tool it recognizes that it is the bin i tried to put on but i end up in the same situation of the phone freezing on fastboot window with flickering at the top of the screen and acer download tool saying not connected. But phone recognizes its connected to computer..

I am at a loss here. phone still has warranty but will it be covered or is there possibly a way to fix.

When i press the button combo of volume +, camera and power phone vibrates twice and computer recognizes

When i press the button combo of volume -, camera and power phone vibrates twice and computer does not recognize.

Any other button combo does nothing at all. Buttons on front do not work now.

Sorry i am long winded and a super noob as you can tell.

Edited by tortelvis