How to install Google Camera in the Desire rom?

Guest MingoChang

Guest MingoChang

I know most of like the htc camera much more than the stock one, but I'm just on the contrary. The trackball is hard to press when you're using the cell phone to take photos. The direct result of this issue is that the htc camera needs an anti-shake function, but it sucks. The stock camera starts the auto-focusing process AFTER you press the trackball. This behavior significantly improves its anti-shake ability.

Now come to my problem.

I'm using r24 rom now. And I extracted the CameraGoogle.apk from FRF91 stock rom. I tried 3 ways to install the apk, and none of them works:

Method 1:

Open the file management app, locate the CameraGoogle.apk file and install it. Failed. A dialogue window appeared asking that if you want to replace the original apk. OMG, I do not have a CameraGoogle.apk installed in my system. If I press yes, install failed.

Method 2:

Connect the usb cable, launch adb install. Installation failed. Using "-r" parameter also failed to install it.

Method 3:

Just copy the apk file to /system/app using adb. Reboot, and there's no Google camera appeared in the app drawer...

Can anybody help me find out the solution? Thanks in advance!