A couple of Windows 7 questions

Guest Rimjaw

Though I'm currently a proud and happy HTC Desire user at the moment, a friend has just got the HTC Mozart and has been trying to get to grips with it (his previous phone being a rather battered ond SE W880i, so this is bit of a change for him!), and in the pub yesterday I was trying to change a few setting for him to get it set up as he'd like.

I didn't have long to play with it, but I must say I'm impressed. Lovely screen, smooth interface, all very nice. But there were a few things I/he wanted to change and I couldn't see if they could be:

Ringtone - There doesn't seem to be the option you sometimes find to change between "ring & vibrate" "vibrate then ring". At the moment, it vibrates for a few seconds and then the ringtone starts.. he wants the noise to start as soon as someone rings! A small thing, perhaps, but I'm sure that was something I used to be able to change on my old win phones.

Keypad - Is qwerty the only option? With meaty fingers and, he'd prefer an old school keypad with t9 input, like you can with android.

Shortcuts - Can you set up shortcuts from the main screen for things like airplane mode, turn data on and off, wireless on/off, etc... or is this something that an app might be able to do for him?

Profiles - I couldn't see anywhere to set up profiles? Feel free to tell me I'm being stupid!

That should do to start, and hopefully I'll get chance to play with it some more soon!

Guest awarner

Keypad Only qwerty at the moment but you will probably get along ok with it as it's very good.

Shortcuts, nothing at the moment but it's something I would want as well.

Nope no profiles at the moment that I am aware of, personally I never change profiles I do it manually for volume etc.

HTC has an app called Attentive Phone where you can set the device to ring quietly if you move the phone, Pocket mode so that if the phone is in your pocket or bag it will ring louder, Flip for speaker so if you turn the phone over it goes into speaker phone mode during the call and flip to mute where if you turn the phone over it silences the ringer during an incoming call.

Keypad Only qwerty at the moment but you will probably get along ok with it as it's very good.

Shortcuts, nothing at the moment but it's something I would want as well.

Nope no profiles at the moment that I am aware of, personally I never change profiles I do it manually for volume etc.

HTC has an app called Attentive Phone where you can set the device to ring quietly if you move the phone, Pocket mode so that if the phone is in your pocket or bag it will ring louder, Flip for speaker so if you turn the phone over it goes into speaker phone mode during the call and flip to mute where if you turn the phone over it silences the ringer during an incoming call.

Another question. Does WP7 allow HTML in email or do we need to tap 'download internet pictures'?

Guest Kallisti
Tap to download images, best way to save data usage.

Umm, it does appear to support HTML emails, though it holds off on getting the images until you tell it to...

Maybe I'm mis-understanding?