MMS repeatedly being received

Guest de_shepherd

Guest de_shepherd

Ok, we all remember the issues of SMS messages being silently dropped by 2.1 until swap got sorted out ... but now I've got the opposite. My wife sent some photos she'd taken on her phone to me via SMS/MMS so that I could download them as we've lost the USB cable for her phone (I assume we originally had one ... its a custom Samsung connector). Anyway, I got the photo ... then a few minutes later I got them again. Now 3 days later I've received 5 copies of the photos and this morning got a 6th version but this time just as a set of http links to a tmobile server.

Is there any issue with MMS receipt on the Pulse ... to me looks as if Tmob have been attempting to deliver the messages to my phone and while the phone has accepted them the server doesn't realize this and probably after 5 failures has now decided to drop to a backup method of sending a simple text message with a link to the pictures on one of their servers. Anyone else experienced this?

To some extent this is a minor irritant ... though it was a little annoying that my phone was on a bedside table with speaker ~30cm from my ear when it started a sequence of 6 text message received alerts at ~6am this morning!

N.b. I'm running FLB 1.7 (with swap enabled)