[Q] Lag fixes?

Guest Koki1337

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Quote from someone on XDA explaining what the lagfix does for the SGS:

The fix creates an virtual EXT2 filesystem inside the stock RFS filesystem on the internal SD card with a 4kb block size. This means that this lag fix creates a buffer between the real filesystem and the android system. This buffer should reduce the amount of disk I/O required for all operations by utilising EXT2 buffering, as well as not writing file access times to disk etc. It allows only 1GB for application data at this stage, down from the 2GB of application data when running stock.

I highly doubt the Acer Liquid could make use of an ext2 buffer, given how small the on-board storage already is.

Guest Koki1337
Quote from someone on XDA explaining what the lagfix does for the SGS:

I highly doubt the Acer Liquid could make use of an ext2 buffer, given how small the on-board storage already is.

No workarounds? :)

That's depressing though, but I do hope mods would have some ideas

Guest nameless'

The Galaxy S has a special file system which is RFS. It seems to be a good file system, but not for a phone, which make it "lagging", as it's not designed to handle a lot of small files.

As I know, the Galaxy S is the only phone using RFS right now, others phone uses EXT2/3/4 for their file system (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

So lagfix for Liquid is useless, as it doesn't use RFS.

Edited by nameless'

Guest Alvan Yap

if u mean for the quadrant score, there's little trick actually....basically most of the point in contributed under "I/O" Section which make the score highest among current android phone :)

Guest Koki1337
if u mean for the quadrant score, there's little trick actually....basically most of the point in contributed under "I/O" Section which make the score highest among current android phone :)

Seriously, Quadrant scores doesn't cause orgasms. What I care is how usable it is without the lag