StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

My update to 1.3 is smooth with no problem (except the brightness settings as everyone else)

But I can't seem to get the dock app turn on when I put my Streak on the Dell desk dock. Can someone please show?

Thanks

Guest Amdathlonuk

Well I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade realising there was a few 'issues' that need resolving.

However after doing a NO WIPE upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 I seem to only have the 'volume' and brightness issue.

I can record at 720p without if force closing, I don't get the audio file message after 10 secs, I've just videoed for 1 minute non-stop on 720p.

Guest Fone_Fanatic

So i uninstalled swype to install a newer version with US layout but newer version didn't install. so i rebooted, newer version installs but now FC's B)

Any ideas?

I extracted the Update 1.3.zip and copied /System/App/Swype.apk to that directory on the device.

Restarted device and no go :)

Installed the swype.apk; installs successfully but i can't swype... only lets me do tap inputs like its an expired version or something

Oh well, guess reinstall 1.3?

Edited by Fone_Fanatic

Guest bmatrow
The only things I notice wrong are I can't set notification sounds (sms, email, etc) and change the brightness.

I've the same problem here. Anyone know of a way to fix this issue? Other then this, this is the best! My streak is like a new device going from AT&T 1.6. A donation will be headed your way payday!!

Ive tried all day and I know it's something simple but does anyone know what folder I put the .mbn file in? In the instructions it says to put it in the the same file where the fastboot is contained in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Guest cowballz
Ive tried all day and I know it's something simple but does anyone know what folder I put the .mbn file in? In the instructions it says to put it in the the same file where the fastboot is contained in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Make sure android sdk is installed first and put the .mbn file in

c:\android\tools

Hope this helps

Guest JaysFreaky
For the Portrait users out there.... I modded the stock boot animation (and tweaked a bit) so it displays in portrait mode

I did the same thing months ago. lol

Still trying to find a way to get the lockscreen to stay in portrait.

EDIT: Looks like WidgetLocker can do portrait again for lockscreens. Woo!

Edited by JaysFreaky

Guest adzman808

assuming you're a PC user, then the baseband file (.mbn) needs to go in the same folder on your PC as fastbook.exe

if you're using a different OS then i'm not sure!!!

you've prob read the attached, which is from a pinned thread on this forum, but it details what i'm talking about!!

What_you_need_to_know_about_the_Dell_Streak___PDF.pdf

I did the same thing months ago. lol

Still trying to find a way to get the lockscreen to stay in portrait.

EDIT: Looks like WidgetLocker can do portrait again for lockscreens. Woo!

I guess my attachment didn't stick...I tried to share for others who may want it but no time to do it. Gonna have to do it from work.

Is anyone else having problems with using the front facing camera with Fring? I am only getting video feed from the rear camera. I did not have any issues on any other version of Android.

Also this may have been addressed already, but is anyone else getting a browser crash when they exit the stock Android browser?

I am on a ATT US Dell Streak on Froyo 1.3.

Guest madd_dog

Hi,

I recently upgraded to DJ Steve's 1.3 and I am not able to record any videos. Is this a known issue?

Upgrade PATH = 1.6 -> 1.6 O2 - > 2.1 O2 - > 1.1.1 (DJ Steve) -> 1.3

ATT (US) Streak.

Guest Adilson
Does anyone else have trouble with googlemaps? Ive been having trouble searching/mapping things out.... Loses data connection at times.

Working fine here, I've even tried navigation yesterday.

Anyone knows how to remove or at least disable the dell sync program? TIA.

You can find it in: Setting -> Application -> Manage Application --> Running App

or Setting -> Application ->Running Sevice

Then Force Stop it.

Guest Adilson
You can find it in: Setting -> Application -> Manage Application --> Running App

Then Force Stop it.

I tried that but it comes back when I reboot the phone. I wanted to disable it for good.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks am gonna look at the settings issues 2morrow, can someone please do a single post of all issues mentioned with 1.3 that have been confirmed in this thread please

Under setting

when selecting display>brightness or sound>volume it will force close and not able to select ringtone or notification.

Camera app

Only able to select wvga and custom to record if choose 720p and custom camera will force close and need reboot for it to work again. There is still the 'This is a audio file only' appear when playback.

Doesn't really have any much issue, so far this is what i have read from the post and what i experience.

Edited by zeiger

Guest Damobster54

I haven't had problems with the camera app yet, so it might just be certain phones. One other thing I noticed last night, that selecting my alarm clock ringtone, it will actually reboot the phone to the dell screen. I haven't noticed anyone bringing that up yet.

Other than the ones above, this is the best version yet. GPS has a super fast lock.

ok folks am gonna look at the settings issues 2morrow, can someone please do a single post of all issues mentioned with 1.3 that have been confirmed in this thread please

Here is a collation; I have maintained the phrasing in the original posts. I hope this helps

those of you with camera issue i need logs please.

I am not on 1.3 so cannot provide the logs, can someone else who is having these issues do this please?

----------------------------------------------------------------

15/11/2010

I'm getting a FC on Settings > Display > Brightness

See post #310 for log

Brightness changes fine with the widget thoguh.

Browser is Force Closing when exiting.

And Google Calendar appears very strangly, I have not my meeting when I display by week or by month, but by list it works.

Just so you all know, the Calendar issue isn't just limited to our phones. They've been down since yesterday apparently.

I keep losing my widgets in ADW........Facebook, Beautiful Weather, Twitter will all be working then I'll go back and have "Problem Loading Widget" in a black bar..........has happened multiple times.

One of my most used apps vplayer now displays a black screen when I try to play a video which is a shame, rockplayer still works fine though.

getting a fc on settings when trying to open volume.

Quadrant = 1317

Linpack = Mflops 29.76

Neocore -> 32,7 fps and 47 fps max with Quadrant

16th November 2010

It appears that there is an issue with the Wifi Tethering (hot spot). I've been able to recreate the issue a few times using the following steps:

1. Enable hot spot tethering

2. Connect via PC -> it connects fine but does not get an IP

3. The mobile network drops on the Streak

At this point I'm unable to get the mobile network back. Disabling hot spot, toggling wifi, toggling mobile networks, etc. The only way to get mobile networks back is by rebooting.

Also, I'm unable to get USB tethering to work (enables but never connects just like in 1.2, driver maybe?). So at this point, no tethering at all....

I cannot get either Touchdown or native Exchange sync working on 1.3. Both are giving me SSL issues when trying to attempt an initial connection.

most of the time, touchdown errors with this:

SSL shutdown failed: I/O error during system call, Broken pipe: Exception performing request

when it does go though once in a blue moon, it gives this error:

trying activesync protocol 2.5...

ActiveSync provisioning returns HTTP:0

Error provisioning ActiveSync: Policy status is 0

As for my Exchange server having issues, I doubt that, as I work at Microsoft There's a legion of IT guys maintaining this.

Native google setup finally worked after a few failures, but I really want touchdown working I bet you changed some SSL libraries in this update?

Also, I've noticed the CPU doesn't appear to be scaling - possibly related, I don't know.

Camera force closes. Even after clean dalvik cache using titanium backup

same with camcorder.

when i'm trying to customize any ringtone like SMS alert, phone call alert etc unable to custom the ringtone... No sound and force close.

i do have trouble with StreakLED. anyone get it to work? mine installs correctly, but doesnt light up when receiving sms (although the screen flickers on/off once)

you have no FC with brightness?

you have no FC exiting the browser?

Your camera works fine?

you can record 720p video?

wifi tethering works?

usb tethering works?

the music player doesn't crash when you press pause?

call waiting works?

your calendar app displays the correct data away from agenda mode?

media output always works (you don't have to plug in & remove headphones to get external sound)

you can use the youtube app & screen rotation still works afterwards?

some of these issues where present in 1.2, some have been flagged up in 1.3

end #336

anyone else having trouble reciving picture messages?

I had an issue in the last build where picture messages would not receive until I or the other person sent another message. Try that and see if that mends it.

When I put the Streak into my dock and the Dock screen comes up there is no way to turn off the speaker that I can find. I checked under the settings that are available from this screen but the "Audio" settings for the attached dock is grayed out. Is anyone aware of a way to fix this?

Just a quick tip.. if you lose external sound randomly you don't have to plug in headset to fix. You can switch over to dell music stage and play a song and just pause it and your external sound will be back up.

Camera FC, press record on video and the app crashes, when trying to open camera again getting "cannot connect to camera",

Rebooting allows use of the cam again but trying video always results in above.

17th November 2010

Don't think this has been reported yet; have upgraded to 1.3 and was just fiddling with the video camera this morning. It appears as though trying to record video using the main (ie rear) camera causes the app to crash (as has been covered elsewhere) , but the phone is quite happy to record video using the (now working) front cam. No idea why, I'm afraid!

Now you can record video using the custom setting(wide screen mode) and WVGA and the quality is pretty good( It still has that annoying sentence"This is a audio file only" after 10 sec of playback) But once you select 720p that where the camera app force close and needs a reboot to be functionally again.

Also can only record video using the front facing camera - the rear just locks up the camera app when you press record...

James

Does anyone else have trouble with googlemaps? Ive been having trouble searching/mapping things out.... Loses data connection at times.

Anyone knows how to remove or at least disable the dell sync program? TIA.

Then Force Stop it.

I tried that but it comes back when I reboot the phone. I wanted to disable it for good.

Under setting

when selecting display>brightness or sound>volume it will force close and not able to select ringtone or notification.

Camera app

Only able to select wvga and custom to record if choose 720p and custom camera will force close and need reboot for it to work again. There is still the 'This is a audio file only' appear when playback.

One other thing I noticed last night, that selecting my alarm clock ringtone, it will actually reboot the phone to the dell screen. I haven't noticed anyone bringing that up yet.